collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 268
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX - 2015  (Read 6243 times)

Offline Dare

Re: GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX - 2015
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 12:05:06 AM »
Pretty much what BD said,I'd add Maldo to the hero's list
for not causing a sc

BD for adding something special to the race chat,where could
you find a more likable person

Zero's

Ferrari for keeping Kimi out longer than they
should have....were they trying to keep him behind Vettel?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 04:10:31 AM »
No doubt Ferrari is the most improved team, both engine and chassis. Props to Arrivabene for acknowledging much of the improvement came from his predecessors. Kudos to McLaren for making steady progress so far this season. Merc suffered brake problems on both cars which could be trouble done the road. Kimi had a great drive, but Massa had the drive of the race going until Maldo rear ended him. Nasr made a great pass only to lose out in the pits. A pretty good race behind Lewis, I didn't fall asleep this week.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 06:34:08 AM »
Turned out Maldo  somehow triggered the anti-stall when he came in for his pit stop, which caused all the trouble.  His bad.

I agree with much of what was said, but not the way Rosberg made his passes on both Vettel and Kimi.  I know I was the lone dog in chat with this opinion, but Rosberg had a do or die, pass or crash tactic, and whatever you say, that kind of thing has caused plenty of crashes in the past.  Rosberg was dangerous out there, and only because the Ferrari drivers probably knew how desperate he was, they kept their eyes on their mirrors and gave him the space to make those dirty moves.  He pushed them wide all three passes.  They weren't made on merit, but just bullying.  He's a graduate of the School of Perez.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 06:41:35 AM »
How come when Lewis pushes Nico off the track it's aggressive but when Nico pushed a Ferrari wide it's reckless?

Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 07:54:20 AM »
No, I would call that wreckless too.  But that is quite different when you squeeze someone off track.  Vettel gave Rosberg a squeeze, but to his credit left enough room for him to get through.  THAT's racing.  What Rosberg did that was dirty was to force both Kimi and Vettel wide, and to almost a standstill to prevent themselves from going off track.  That prevented any counter move along with any chance to get him at the next corner.  It's ok though, Rosberg made enough mistakes to give Kimi step number 2....I just wish Fetrari had brought Kimi in a couple of laps earlier on his last stop and he would have had a great chance at the top step.

Blowing your braking point once is understandable, but 3 times makes it a tactic.  Just racing, but dirty racing IMO.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:15:16 AM by Scott »

Offline Ian

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 09:32:19 AM »
We've seen far worse moves Scott, ie, Vettel on Webber for instance, the good thing about Vettel's incident is that he took himself out. I'm not a Rosberg fan but I thought he had a pretty good race, to paraphrase DC, I think Rosberg might have got his mojo back.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 01:54:18 PM »
I don't see it as a "we've seen worse . . " situation.  Unsafe is unsafe - not more unsafe.

I agree too, and was thinking at the time, Ferrari need to get Kimi in (two to three laps earlier) and put the softer tire on - he could catch Hamilton.

I could see McLaren scoring a point or two in Barcelona - Alonso's home race.  They were very close yesterday.

Manor got both cars to the finish  :good:
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 02:28:07 PM »
There has always been a bit of a pro-Lewis bias on this forum I think.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 02:44:14 PM »

Not me...don't like the little brat and never have.

Offline Ian

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2015, 04:27:17 PM »
Nor me either Lonny.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 04:45:33 PM »

The BBC presents him as the golden child.  It's hard not to get caught up in that.  :DntKnw:

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 05:50:26 PM »
Perhaps because I haven't lived in Europe for some 16 years and therefore, no longer get the racing on BBC, but I don't think I would have fallen for it.

I haven't cared much for him from the start, and whatever slack I may have cut him was completely washed away when he came out of a meeting with the stewards and made a comment about his having to meet with them so often was due to his skin color.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Dare

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 05:56:59 PM »
Nor me either Lonny.

I've never cared for him either.His treatment of Mclaren
was biting the hand that fed him
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 08:14:38 PM »
Perhaps because I haven't lived in Europe for some 16 years and therefore, no longer get the racing on BBC, but I don't think I would have fallen for it.

I haven't cared much for him from the start, and whatever slack I may have cut him was completely washed away when he came out of a meeting with the stewards and made a comment about his having to meet with them so often was due to his skin color.

Perhaps I've had the proverbial 'Kool-aid', but I like Hamilton.

Of all the drivers currently in the sport, I feel like he's the one that 'gets it' the most.  He understands that being in the right car matters as much as skills.  He understands that being a 'personality', both on and off the track, is what sponsors want.

Yes, he's got a me first attitude.  Yes, he's got a spoiled attitude. 

But ultimately, what are we looking for from our F1 drivers?  He's willing to learn and adjust his driving style.  He's willing to work with who it takes to win.  He's willing to try new things and backpedal on them if they don't work.  He's willing to be be the face of his team, of his sport.

Ultimately, I say 'so what'?  He's talented and competitive on track.  He still takes chances where others wouldn't, but he's generally wiser about it.  He's willing to speak his mind where others would simply 'no comment' to stay out of trouble.

What I love best about Hamilton is that he's not like the other top drivers.  He's not the cool and reserved Kimi (though he desperately tried to be).  He's not the arrogant, entitled Vettel (of course there are elements of arrogance, a double WDC earns that).  He's not the competent company man who is grateful to be in F1 and simply do his best.

I don't want cookie cutter racers, and we're very lucky that we have a plethora of drivers to back.  I think that Hamilton has helped the other drivers see that they can be themselves, be their own 'brand' and that's good for the sport.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2015, 09:30:54 PM »
I like Hamilton, too. I don't know how many of you saw Lee McKenzie's interview with him & Vettel Sunday. It reminded me of the way F1 used to be. Two drivers who were just having a good time joking around with each other. Neither seemed to be overly worried about what the PR handlers wanted them to say. I really enjoyed it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2n7n4h

I want to second what Dare said about BD. Congratulations on your new work, my friend!  :good:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:44:29 PM by cosworth151 »
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle