collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 810
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX - 2015  (Read 6250 times)

Offline Ian

Re: GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX - 2015
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2015, 12:12:58 AM »
Yeh Cos, that was a great interview.  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2015, 12:00:01 PM »
Heroes:-

Kimi:-  Enough said, the Iceman is back.  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Rosberg:- Really took it to Ferrari when he needed to but was sadly always destined to fall to Kimi on tyre wear.

Bottas: - I didn't like watching it much mind because I hate total stalemate when a car can keep a faster one behind, but his defensive driving - plus his Merc power - kept Seb behind.

Ricciardo & Red Bull:- Memories of Colin and Lotus flooding back when Danny crossed the line in a cloud of smoke. Good for RBR for keeping Danny foot in even though they probably could see the power unit might not make it.

Zeros:-

Hulkenburg:- wasted a good grid & race position by not being able use his tyres well, at this level we expect better. I mean look what his teammate managed.

Maldo:- for his stupidity in getting that penalty for wrong placing in box and for causing some of his own woes in race.  ::) I'm a fan, as you all probably know, so he had good race pace and should have got good points - maybe even more than Roman - who knows?

Williams:- Yes Massa had a frightful start but then he started to rapidly climb the places. So what does his team do, they put him on a strategy which doomed him to lose places in the closing stages. What was that all about????? 

P.S.  Nico's moves on the Ferraris was perfectly OK, sure you could argue he was taking a chance but aren't all overtakes a chance? I saw nothing of worry for the stewards or us, a drivers job is to pass other cars either prettily or otherwise surely?  :confused:  Now if Senna, the Villeneuves or Mansell had pulled those moves they would be lauded for bravery and considered for 20 best moves list.  :tease: 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2015, 02:41:18 PM »
My point from before John, sometimes it's not the pass but who makes it that determines if it's "aggressive" or reckless. I'm not sure Williams was to blame in Massa's case. Right after Maldo hit him he radioed that something was wrong at the back of the car. Matchett pointed out that he was no longer matching Bottas' times. I suspect he had damage.
Lonny

Offline Irisado

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2015, 03:59:54 PM »
That wasn't very compelling, but it was, at least, more interesting than the Chinese Grand Prix.

Raikkonen was very impressive, but I always felt that Hamilton would win.  Mercedes will be frustrated about losing the one-two, but it was clear that the brakes were an issue for both drivers towards the end.

Bottas did well to hold off Vettel, but I expected more from Williams.  Massa's race was comprised from the start though, and from being hit by Maldonado, so we don't know what his ultimate pace would have been.

I'm surprised that Sauber didn't score, but Perez was very impressive for Force India.  I'm mystified by Red Bull though.  They seem to be all at sea, and it's not just down to the Renault engine, although the smoke from Ricciardo's car as he crossed the line was suitably impressive.

I hope that the Spanish Grand Prix is more exciting.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle