collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 560
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hockenheim claims they will host in 2016  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Scott

Hockenheim claims they will host in 2016
« on: May 11, 2015, 10:52:45 AM »
I hope so, but would like to see Nurmbergring as well.  Maybe when VW jumps in the pool there will be more interest (and money) to save both German tracks.

http://www.pitpass.com/53862/Germany-certain-to-return-to-calendar-in-2016

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online cosworth151

Re: Hockenheim claims they will host in 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 12:33:05 PM »
I hope that Hockenheim can do it, and I really hope that the Nurburgring can return. It's one of my favorites.

I don't hope out any hope that VW will make any difference. First, I don't see them getting into F1. Second, even big corporate money can't come close to crazy dictator money. Finally, if even Ferrari can't keep Monza from being at risk, VW won't hold any sway over things.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 06:48:04 PM »
Hockenheim was due to do it next year anyway. Unless it has good reason to break contract with Bernie (and take the resulting fines), it will host the German Grand Prix.

We may simply have a gap in odd-numbered years as the Nurburgring will now have to renegotiate to get back on the calender - its old contract will be null and void by the 2015 short-notice cancellation.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 02:30:35 AM »
Bernie has said (sorry, it was a while back and I can't find the story) that the default by the Nurburgring voids Hockenheim's contract as well. I suspect it will depend on what Bernie can come up with to replace them. Money talks, contracts walk.
Lonny

Online cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 12:05:05 PM »
As I recall, Bernie said that there is (was) one contract split between the two tracks. Since neither could provide a race this season, both are in default.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 05:00:50 PM »
Yeah, that sounds right. As I have said before Bernie should consider that eliminating the traditional races and venues might have something to do with the drop in interest he's so worried about.
Lonny

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 10:07:54 PM »
Bernie has said (sorry, it was a while back and I can't find the story) that the default by the Nurburgring voids Hockenheim's contract as well. I suspect it will depend on what Bernie can come up with to replace them. Money talks, contracts walk.

Thank you for that. I'd forgotten it was a single contract double-split (presumably via the German motorsport organisation ADAC, which of course isn't providing a round this year).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 12:53:51 PM »
Speaking of ADAC & the Ring, they are still holding the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring this weekend.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/events-tickets/automobile/adac-zurich-24-hour-race.html

I checked the track's live webcam yesterday. Guess who was coming in. I'll bet that they do better this weekend than they would have at the GP.
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle