collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 369
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The GPDA Wants YOUR Opinion of F1!  (Read 9914 times)

Online cosworth151

The GPDA Wants YOUR Opinion of F1!
« on: May 22, 2015, 07:52:57 PM »
The Grand Prix Drivers Association has put up a survey for fans to voice our opinions of what's right and wrong with the sport. Here's our chance to tell them what we've been saying to one another all along!

http://gpda.motorsport.com/

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

Re: The GPDA Wants YOUR Opinion of F1!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 09:52:02 PM »
Thanks!

Seems pretty detailed to me.

They ask about 'watching F1 with friends'.  While I don't get to the chat as often as I'd like, does that count as watching with friends?  (I count you guys as friends!)

Online cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:16:26 PM »
I certainly counted it that way!  :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 05:52:16 AM »
I certainly counted it that way!  :yahoo:

I second that  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

The survey itself is pretty detailed and does cover many aspect of F1 many of the problems that its facing.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 10:28:35 AM by F1fanaticBD »
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 08:40:20 AM »
Too long and not the right questions.
Lonny

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 12:42:53 PM »
Some of the questions seem a bit irrelevant,  and it is a bit long, especially doing it on your mobile. Having said that I've done it, might be one of the few times fans are asked anything.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 12:56:14 PM »
I was struck by how many of the questions dealt with topics we discussed at length right here. Some of them could have been better phrased. For example, the question about venues. I wish they would have asked about circuits and not just countries. for example, voting for the U.S. & Japan could be taken as voting for Austin & Fuji when I meant Indy & Suzuka.
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 05:12:10 PM »
I'll answer this when the GPDA server lets me.

There's also a F1 Racing survey, which I have managed to answer. "No more than 10 minutes", it said... ...took me 7 hours!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 08:10:39 PM »
Excellent blog as always Alia. I think the question on European races was meant to see if you favored preserving the traditional GPs and venues.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 07:23:47 PM »
(you guys know this survey was put together by FOM, right?  Bernie thinks it will be better received by doing it through the GPDA)

I wish more of the questions had an option of 'I don't share any of the opinions listed above' 

For example.  I don't like the SC rules, but they should not be changed to reflect any of those choices. 

The SC should be on the track to protect the safety of the stranded drivers or personnel who happen to be on track in a dangerous position.  That is not how they currently use the SC in my opinion.

9. What is your opinion about the current use of the Safety Car? *This question is required.
The current Safety Car rules are fine and should not be changed
I don't like the Safety Car periods but understand why they can be needed
I don't think the Safety Car should be used as it penalizes the Race Leader
I think the Safety Car should be used more frequently to help bunch up the field
I don't really have an opinion
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 07:31:48 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 04:54:25 PM »
There's no option to add comments then?  That's a pity, because I would like to add quite a few of my own comments, in addition to answering their questions.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 05:16:30 PM »
Multiple choice surveys nearly always have the questions chosen and worded to produce a predetermined result. This one is no exception.
Lonny

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 09:11:16 PM »
There's no option to add comments then?  That's a pity, because I would like to add quite a few of my own comments, in addition to answering their questions.

The F1 Racing one has a 250-word section where you can add whatever technical/sporting regulation changes you think need doing. I needed a continuation sheet ;)

Edit: still haven't managed to get the GPDA survey to load. Argh!

Excellent blog as always Alia. I think the question on European races was meant to see if you favored preserving the traditional GPs and venues.

Thank you for the explanation. I'd say yes, cautiously. For me, it's the quality of the venue that is most important, rather than where it is located. So a good non-European track would be better than a bad European one (so I prefer Interlagos to Hockenheim) and a good European track is better than a bad non-European track (so I prefer the Red Bull Ring to Sakhir). It happens that at the moment the majority of good F1 circuits are in Europe, but that could change.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 09:19:05 PM by Alianora La Canta »
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online cosworth151

― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 05:21:43 AM »
Isn't it the general perception about F1 with numbers. The stake holders are aware of pretty well. but I wonder will it ever reach to their brain to consider let alone implementation.

The TV viewer loosing due to move pay channel is alarming to say the least, and I am surprised to see Kimi on top
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle