collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 569
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: FIA feeling disrespected.  (Read 9059 times)

Offline Steve A.

Re: FIA feeling disrespected.
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 11:07:43 AM »
Or they give it to the people who will then happily sit in their back pockets. In my opinion.

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 11:56:51 AM »
Or they give it to the people who will then happily sit in their back pockets. In my opinion.

I think we're saying the same thing  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 04:13:46 PM »
Yeah,   ::) we were......  Walks away quietly, feeling just a little embarrassed. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 04:20:40 PM by DH1.F1 »

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 11:21:13 PM »
Because they turn over $50b a year and spread it out among the poorest countries to preserve their power base.

Well at least they make an effort to distribute it around the world, many other so called world organisations find reasons not to divvy up to most parts.

Even with the alleged skimming by FIFA insiders, or diverted funds in poorer regions, a lot of money still finds it's way to football/soccer communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America.

Seems to me the developed world which encourages huge player salaries in football and makes fortunes or reputations for certain owners and media Barons & outlets are rather too keen to call all the shots. Perhaps we should ask some of the big team and media owners to explain just how they got so rich off Football/soccer?  Someone else's graft is always far, far worse than their own - especially if it benefits some of the masses of downtrodden on our planet.   

Rant over - sorry I do feel it's a witch hunt. I'd place a bet that Sepp Blatter has distributed more money to the third world over his years in office than Unicef.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Jericoke

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2015, 02:43:14 PM »
As a North American sports fan, what's the deal with FIFA?

Why does anyone need them?

The NHL routinely tells the IIHF to stuff itself.  Even the Olympics sides with the NHL ahead of the IIHF.

I don't even know if baseball, football or basketball even have international bodies. 

NASCAR and IndyCar, amongst HUNDREDS of local tracks across Canada and the USA wouldn't recognize an FIA official if he paid for dinner.

If FIFA is corrupt and useless, then forget them.

Because they turn over $50b a year and spread it out among the poorest countries to preserve their power base.

Is that $50b spread wisely?  If so, I don't see a problem.

If not, I say again, why bother with them?  The soccer leagues generating that $50b could form an alternate body (indeed, isn't Soccer itself named for a different governing body?) and spend it however they want, without the stink of FIFA.

Offline Scott

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2015, 05:47:56 PM »
I'm not sure...a lot of money goes to developing countries soccer programs, so in that sense it is done wisely, but along the way it buys a lot of votes to keep the less honest people in power (I will exclude Sepp Blatter from this category for now). 

The only problem with forming a new body, is it would most likely be taken over by the soccer powerhouse countries, and very likely they would not redistribute in the same manner.  Everyone calling for Blatter's head needs to consider what they might get instead.

Offline cosworth151

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2015, 06:57:29 PM »
Wow...probably on the radio here today, but have been tied up.  I think that's too bad.  I bet that when it all shakes out, he might be guilty of not seeing what was going on beneath him, but not of profiting himself. 

Online Jericoke

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2015, 07:18:29 PM »
Wow...probably on the radio here today, but have been tied up.  I think that's too bad.  I bet that when it all shakes out, he might be guilty of not seeing what was going on beneath him, but not of profiting himself.

Probably why no one wanted to run against him.  It's awful when your job is to be responsible for a bunch of people who can't be trusted.

Offline Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2015, 03:51:54 PM »
He has announced his intent to step down, when a new ,president is installed...probably early 2017.

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2015, 06:42:55 PM »
Yes he is on his way, he is now under investigation, I suppose that was inevitable.  He says he is going because he is not fully supported,  that much was clear during the election, he really should have gone then, instead FIFA will incur the costs of a new election.
He may well be completely innocent but as he was running it he has to be responsible for those below him. Now questions are being asked about Qatar, should they still get the world cup or not. At present 1000 workers have died during the construction of the new stadiums, do they keep it in honor of those or lose it to save lives.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2015, 06:47:35 PM »
On the way to work this morning, the sports report started with, "The most powerful man in the world's most popular sport resigns."

I immediately thought, "Bernie's gone?!"
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2015, 06:53:34 PM »
Gone to run FIFA

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2015, 07:10:48 PM »
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle