collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 371
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Grand Prix du Canada '15  (Read 5721 times)

Offline J.Clark

Re: Grand Prix du Canada '15
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 05:21:16 PM »
Massa now getting a bit more help because Vettel passed a Manor on the way back to the pits while on a Red Flag.

Watching those two work through the field is going to be fun.  I just hope we see more of that stuff than we do of the two Mercs chasing each other.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 02:31:54 PM »
Canada without a safety car - no collisions - no offs into barriers  :crazy:

Nico just didn't have enough to get to Hamilton at the end.

Kimi blew an almost certain podium, handing it to Bottas on a platter.

Vettel and Massa had absolutely awesome races up through the field to not only get points, but good points.  I have to favor Vettel (from the two) for the drive of the race, as he did it with 3 stops, and one of them was 6.6 on the jacks.

It would have been boring to watch had the focused on the front, but than goodness they did not and much of the tv coverage was on Vettel and Massa, Grojean and Maldonado.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 02:44:30 PM »
Yeah, that was a sleeper.  Got to the TV a bit late and the grid positions were still the same after 15 laps.  Vettel and Massa did a great job, Kimi was caught out by one of the energy systems apparently (ERS?), Alonso finally showing signs of frustration.  Stevens and Grossjean was the only broken carbon fibre on race day.  Rosberg's turn to sulk on the podium.  Sorry for Andy and Jeri that there wasn't more action on the track, but without a doubt, their impressions of the the race were far different than ours.  Montreal's a great town, and I'm sure Canada's version of an F1 experience is certainly a good one.   :good: :good:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:46:37 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 03:04:53 PM »
Yeah, that was a sleeper.  Got to the TV a bit late and the grid positions were still the same after 15 laps.  Vettel and Massa did a great job, Kimi was caught out by one of the energy systems apparently (ERS?), Alonso finally showing signs of frustration.  Stevens and Grossjean was the only broken carbon fibre on race day.  Rosberg's turn to sulk on the podium.  Sorry for Andy and Jeri that there wasn't more action on the track, but without a doubt, their impressions of the the race were far different than ours.  Montreal's a great town, and I'm sure Canada's version of an F1 experience is certainly a good one.   :good: :good:

Indeed, not much action on track, but fun to watch in a crowd none the less.

Jacques Villeneuve (Gilles' brother) won the Formula 1600 race, which was a pretty exciting race, including some passing through the 6/7 chicane.

What I found most fascinating was seeing the different lines that the different series took through the 6/7 chicane.

• The Nissan Micras were holding a tight line to the curbs
  • The Ferrari Challenge was taking wide turns, using as much curb as they could.
  • Formula 1600 kept it tight like the Micras and avoided the curbs
  • And of course F1 treated the chicane like there was an extra turn between 6 and 7 as they lined up for the apexes.

Over all the crowd was happy with Hamilton winning, and delighted with Vettel's advance through the field (yet not Massa's).

Hamilton got the most cheers, followed by Kimi.  Though I suspect if Kimi had won, he'd have gotten more cheers than Lewis received.  I was quite surprised how much support Vettel had.  I don't know if a season out of #1 has made him more likeable... or just driving for Ferrari automatically makes him more likeable.

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 06:35:19 PM »
Well it certainly wasn't a classic Canadian Grand Prix. At the front nothing happened, thankfully Vettel and Massa had to charge through the field and what a great job they did. Alonso's 'amateur' remark was funny, but a terrible weekend for Maclaren, or should be Honda
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 07:19:10 PM by DH1.F1 »

Offline Irisado

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 06:42:41 PM »
That was such a disappointing race :(.  I found myself feeling very sleepy for most of it.  This wasn't like any Canadian Grand Prix that I can remember.  Nothing of much note happened at all.

Mercedes were dominant, Ferrari faltered slightly, Bottas picked up the pieces, and McLaren performed even more poorly than their practice pace had suggested.  There was very little excitement in any of that.

About the only points of interest were Grosjean's careless collision with Stevens, which was entirely the Frenchman's responsibility, Raikkonen's spin and radio comments, and Alonso's team radio and post race interview.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle