collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 273
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Marko: Next few weeks are crucial  (Read 3588 times)

Offline Scott

Marko: Next few weeks are crucial
« on: June 12, 2015, 07:11:43 PM »
...to determining if Renault will have a long term solution.  The new engine is on the dyno.  Great news.  If they do step it up to a competitive pace, then Honda should step away from the sport and hand over some Renault's to Mclaren. 

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/motorsport/f1/news/detail/item54899/Marko:-Next-few-weeks-are-crucial?

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Marko: Next few weeks are crucial
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 12:38:43 AM »
I want both Honda and Renault stay in the field and I would like to see either BMW or VW/Porsche in the race if not both. I hope Renault find some hopeful results to ensure their long term participation. Honda needs to change its management, so that diversity and innovation could give them results they thrive for.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 02:33:57 AM »
I want both Honda and Renault stay in the field and I would like to see either BMW or VW/Porsche in the race if not both. I hope Renault find some hopeful results to ensure their long term participation. Honda needs to change its management, so that diversity and innovation could give them results they thrive for.

F1 needs to change the rules, or no one else is going to want to play.  Honda has a storied history of success in F1, and they "look like amateurs".  Why would anyone else risk falling on their faces with no possibility to fix it?

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 04:32:33 PM »

F1 needs to change the rules, or no one else is going to want to play.  Honda has a storied history of success in F1, and they "look like amateurs".  Why would anyone else risk falling on their faces with no possibility to fix it?

F1 has always changed the rules, to keep the teams on the edge of the technology.I do think the time has come now when different people want to take different approach for the future.

The fabled story of Honda's success does mask the fact that when they were BAR-Honda/Honda they were the worst performing team, and was being humbled by the Super Aguri in few ocasions.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 01:27:03 AM »
Honda has never been very good at chassis design, but in the past their engines have been tops.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 01:18:05 PM »
Honda has never been very good at chassis design, but in the past their engines have been tops.

Wonderfully put Lonny, can't argue about it. But had Honda not gave up to make way for Brawn, we might have had something to say about. As their engine has always been a top notch, its the reason why people were abit hopeful for McLaren Honda successful turn around, unfortunate which is none to be there.

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 02:06:42 PM »
Way back when . . .

There was a time when Honda all but dominated some series in motor racing, including F1, with powerful and reliable engines.  They, for some reason chose to step away.

They returned with a fair engine, but I well remember the late '90s and early 2000s when people were betting on how many Honda engines would blow up during a given race.  Then they bought a car, hired pretty good drivers and failed as a team, even though engine development had put together a fairly reliable engine, the competitiveness of which could not be determined due to the teams running them were not the best.  Again, Honda stepped away from F1.

Now they are struggling, largely due to all of the new rules (on top of a new engine, which underwent design changes over the preceding year).  I am fairly confident that in the long-run, if they stick with it, they will put a competitive engine in a McLaren, or some other team.

I agree totally with this.  I think now would be a very good time for any of the other top companies like Porsche and BMW to jump in.  The engine package F1 is running now is very much in line with street-legal performance cars.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle