collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 605
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2015 Hungarian GP  (Read 7534 times)

Offline Dare

2015 Hungarian GP
« on: July 22, 2015, 03:29:46 AM »
May be a somber race with the passing of Jules Bianchi.This race for me is usually another procession but Mercedes didn't win last year and
hopefully we'll have a different winner this year as well.

After the high-speed sweeps of Silverstone, F1 faces a very different challenge this weekend on the tight confines of the Hungaroring.

Described as "Monaco without the walls" by 2014 victor Daniel Ricciardo, the track doesn't place a great emphasis on engine power, meaning the field should be closely bunched than in recent races.

So read on below as Sky Sports provide your one-stop shop for everything you need to know about the grand prix weekend.

The 2015 Hungarian GP in a nutshell

Track: Hungaroring Circuit. Permanent circuit.

Race start time: 1pm UK time Sunday (2pm local).

Laps: 70.

Track length: 4.381 km.

Tyre allocation: Soft (yellow) and medium (white).

DRS Zones: Two with one detection spot (Pit straight and between turns one and two).

Driver steward: TBA.

Lap record: Michael Schumacher - 1:19.4071 (Ferrari, 2004).

2014 pole: Nico Rosberg - 1:22.715 (Mercedes).

Sky Sports

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 12:24:24 PM »
The race was major news when it was it was first run back in 1986. It was the first F1 race behind the "iron curtain."

Schumi and Hamilton are tied for most driver wins at 4. McLaren has the most constructor wins with 11 victories. Don't expect them to add to that total this week-end.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 07:40:26 PM »
Here's a lap with Seb:

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 02:23:23 PM »
Danny Ric just made Renault Flambe at Turn 11 with about 20 minutes left in FP2. They threw a red flag while the snatch tractor recovered the car. The NBCsn feed doesn't have commentary, so I don't know if the red was because of the tractor or possibly an oil down of the track. The commentary on T&S didn't say, either.

I wonder if this is a new precaution resulting from Jules Bianchi's death.
― Bob Dylan

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 02:45:27 PM »
Hamilton did it again. As the time went to zero in Q3, he went purple in all three sectors. Took the pole with almost .6 sec in hand over second place Rosberg.

The Williams cars showed once again that they are not at their best in situations that call for high downforce.

McLaren continues to suffer from undependability. Button couldn't get his ERS system to deploy at the end of Q1. Alonso made it to P2 but the car failed to finish a single lap.
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 07:06:42 PM »

McLaren continues to suffer from undependability. Button couldn't get his ERS system to deploy at the end of Q1. Alonso made it to P2 but the car failed to finish a single lap.
This was the first race Mclaren were to have full energy recovery available, another fail from Honda.

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 02:57:06 AM »
That was anything but a snoozer!

Congrats in order for:
Ferrari
McLaren
Red Bull

Biggest loser has to be Rosberg - binned his shot at taking the lead in the Championship trying to teach a lesson.

I have looked in every place I could think of to find a shot of the grid that shows Massa out of place.  I just can't find a picture, or video of it.

With all of the technology in F1, it would seem a simple thing to have electronics tell a driver when his front tires are on the right spot.  I also noticed that at second attempt to start the race, they showed Bottas and he was stopped at least a foot short of the yellow line.

All in all, I think that may be the most exciting race I have witnessed in years.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:14:04 PM by J.Clark »
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 07:52:04 AM »
I wasn't really looking forward to watching the race but boy am I glad I did. Great race, so much action. Well done Mclaren for getting it together, or well done Honda, which ever. Good to see both cars in the points, I think both Mercedes drivers suffered under pressure. And well done Kvyat.
Great to see a different set of drivers on the podium.
There were points on five drivers licence following that race, Hamilton and not surprisingly Maldanado, who got a drive through penalty for speeding in the pit lane while serving a drive through penalty.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 12:25:15 PM »
It was the best rest in quite a while. The surprises started right at the start, when the Ferraris got the jump on the Mercs and Hamilton dropped like a rock. Well, they said that the new start rules would shake things up.

One of the high points for me came when Will Buxton interviewed Sergio Perez after Checo's shunt with Pastor Maldonado. Buxton mentioned that Perez has a history of incidents with Pastor. Checo replied that every driver on the grid has a history of incidents with Pastor.
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 01:14:05 AM »
With a lotta luck Kimi could have won this one and Nico could
be leading the WDC.

Mclaren had a lotta luck with their finishes,seems it wasn't their
improvement but bad breaks for other teams.

I hope KImi remain at Ferrari but if not I'd love seeing him move
to Williams...I still think he has some wins left in him.

I'm starting to like Vettel more and more since his move to Ferrari
and his new found maturity....maybe it's his children.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 08:57:14 PM »
And now for a trip to the whine cellar. Ferrari bigwig Maurizio Arrivabene and Italian TV presenter Gianfranco Mazzoni think that Ferrari was snubbed by the TV coverage. "Let's stop this nonsense," Arrivabene said, adding the cameras were simply focused on the wheel-to-wheel battles through the field and not on Seb's lonely Sunday drive at the sharp end.

Please not that neither of them seemed upset in previous races when the TV wasn't locked on Lewis & Nico disappearing off into the distance.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/ecclestone-denies-ferrari-was-snubbed-during-formula-one-hungarian-grand-prix

― Bob Dylan

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 09:57:23 PM »
To me Arrivabene was going against the claim, with just a mention of Seb at the front, but the TV presenter,well that's  just sour grapes.
The coverage was good and focused on the action as it should.

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 11:57:32 PM »
That's the nature of racing.  TV doesn't like a dominant race leader.  If he wants more TV time, he needs to have his drivers race a more exciting race.  Either slow down  :crazy:  or have the boys drift the corners while in the lead. 

Merc has barely had any TV time all season.  What's Ferrari whining about?
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 12:25:48 PM »
Mazzoni is the whiner.

Coverage this season has been better on the average than in recent years because the focus has been on the cars actually racing each other for position instead of on the leader(s) who aren't doing much more than running off on their own.

Bernie is right, if he is directing coverage away from the leaders, because the fans who are watching the TV coverage are who the coverage is for and if he wants to keep them, and/or grow their number, he must have the cameras on the racing.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 04:07:49 PM »
That's the nature of racing.  TV doesn't like a dominant race leader.  If he wants more TV time, he needs to have his drivers race a more exciting race.  Either slow down  :crazy:  or have the boys drift the corners while in the lead. 

Merc has barely had any TV time all season.  What's Ferrari whining about?

When Schu was winning championship after championship F1 coverage really was The Michael Schumacher show.  The BBC commentators would complain that we were missing the real show as drivers fought for position in the midfield.

I'm glad for the change, and the teams are going to have to figure out how to make being dominant worthwhile to sponsors.  Mercedes knows that the fight between Lewis and Nico brings the cameras.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle