collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 509
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Renault Back?  (Read 8438 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: Renault Back?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 05:48:18 PM »
Bernie is far more likely to just keep the money for CVC than pass it around.
Lonny

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 06:01:32 PM »
Bernie is far more likely to just keep the money for CVC than pass it around.

That's my thought.

However, I'm sure the agreements are quite specific about what happens to 'unclaimed' money.  If not Bernie, then I would expect Ferrari to get it.  >:D

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 05:27:48 PM »
Renault may be starting to play hardball themselves.  If they walk, it will leave only two suppliers unless someone wants the Honda lumps based on faith.

It is so true that RBR barely mentioned them in the good years, and treats them like crap ever since.  Good for Ghosn...I hope he rips a strip off Horner before they go.  That, or I hope they put together a Ferrari beating engine for next year and wipe the floor with the RBR's.  Sorry for RBR's drivers who seem caught up in all the politics and have no chance to show their stuff.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/34269127
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 05:53:29 PM »
Renault may be starting to play hardball themselves.  If they walk, it will leave only two suppliers unless someone wants the Honda lumps based on faith.

It is so true that RBR barely mentioned them in the good years, and treats them like crap ever since.  Good for Ghosn...I hope he rips a strip off Horner before they go.  That, or I hope they put together a Ferrari beating engine for next year and wipe the floor with the RBR's.  Sorry for RBR's drivers who seem caught up in all the politics and have no chance to show their stuff.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/34269127

FIA bent over backwards to accommodate Mercedes.

I don't like how Renault is being treated, but they do have a history of leaving F1 holding the bag.  I wouldn't want to say 'good riddance' to them for not dancing to the FIA's tune, but when has Renault ever stepped up when things got tough for them in F1?

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2015, 07:25:36 PM »
Yeah, Renault run and hide, not the most reliable on the grid. One or two seasons could see F1 crumble if the rot is not stopped. Renault leaving will only add the sports woes.
Mercedes and Ferrari are not enough for the sport. Honda supplies one team, so far with questionable power units, so I doubt next year they could make an impact. It's about time they worked together and sorted things out. Sorry rant over a  8)

Offline Scott

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 07:29:05 PM »
But I noticed something near the bottom of this article...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120856

Horner is still in some sort of discussions with Renault.  They can't have a Merc, and Ferrari will only sell them past expiry date engines, so their only other option might be to return to the Renaults?  Is Christian's tail between his legs?  Interesting comment there, Christian.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2015, 03:00:35 AM »
Yeah, Renault run and hide, not the most reliable on the grid. One or two seasons could see F1 crumble if the rot is not stopped. Renault leaving will only add the sports woes.
Mercedes and Ferrari are not enough for the sport. Honda supplies one team, so far with questionable power units, so I doubt next year they could make an impact. It's about time they worked together and sorted things out. Sorry rant over a  8)

In terms of providing engines to racers, in the Schumacher era Ferrari would use 30 engines per driver per season.  Even with Sauber being conservative with their 'Petronas' engines, Ferrari built at least 100 F1 engines per season.  In 2015 Ferrari has to built approximately forty to cover three teams. 

There is capacity to build more engines in these factories.

As for F1 being a 'single engine' (plus Ferrari) series, they've survived through that in the past.  The sport could survive with just Mercedes and Ferrari.  The facilities could be easily scaled up to meet demand.

I want to see multiple suppliers, but I wouldn't expect suppliers to continue in the sport with two hands tied behind their backs.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2015, 03:15:14 PM »
Renault come and go.  There's nothing new in this.  What is surprising is how much of a mess Red Bull has made in handling the whole situation.  I agree that they never gave Renault much credit during the good times, and when things went wrong, it seemed that everything was Renault's fault.

Renault themselves really are rather capricious with their approach to sticking with Formula 1 though.  I appreciate that they no longer want to supply Red Bull, but I really feel that they should commit to taking over Lotus if they are going to do so, and stop dragging their feet.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2015, 07:19:37 PM »
To add more to the discussion, a possibility that VW is buying RBR.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/34297046

Offline Scott

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 07:52:23 PM »
 :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: That would be fantastic.  Makes sense too.  Red Bull stickers are all over the WRC VW's and Truck Class VW's in off-road rallying.  Audi might be a better choice for F1, but you never know.

Wonder how Daniel will like driving the Red Bull Skoda?  ;)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 09:34:10 PM »

I like the bit that says they are yet to decide which marque to use on the F1 team, if it all goes well then Audi will take it, however looking at Honda's less than happy first year maybe they'll use the Skoda brand until the development is ironed out.  :D 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 10:46:20 PM »
I can see the look on everyone's faces should a Soda take pole then the win, great headline, especially after all the skip jokes in the past.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2015, 09:02:56 PM »

I like the bit that says they are yet to decide which marque to use on the F1 team, if it all goes well then Audi will take it, however looking at Honda's less than happy first year maybe they'll use the Skoda brand until the development is ironed out.  :D

The only thing I know about Skoda is they always take the best seats at the hockey world championships every year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle