collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 384
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: REnault Rescues Lotus  (Read 3645 times)

Online cosworth151

REnault Rescues Lotus
« on: September 26, 2015, 08:56:55 PM »
This really makes it look like a done deal.

Renault is going to cough up £2.7million ($4.01m) Monday (28 Sept) to keep the Lotus team out of administration.

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/121944-renault-to-stop-lotus-administration

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

Re: REnault Rescues Lotus
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 09:48:43 PM »
The story of next season is Renault vs RBR

I cannot WAIT!

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 10:45:37 PM »

I cannot WAIT!

Unfortunately I don't think we will see much of that, Jeri eve though we all would have loved to. Obviously after Renaults take over, they will be restructuring the team, as well as some struggle like Mclaren is facing now. We have to keep in mind that Renault is yet have an improvement in their engines.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Online Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 04:03:04 AM »

I cannot WAIT!

Unfortunately I don't think we will see much of that, Jeri eve though we all would have loved to. Obviously after Renaults take over, they will be restructuring the team, as well as some struggle like Mclaren is facing now. We have to keep in mind that Renault is yet have an improvement in their engines.

Even if the story only lasts until qualifying at Melbourne, when was the last time we had a team that was really trying to prove something?  Brawn?  BAR?

With most of the interesting F1 seats filled up, what else are we going to look forward over the silly season?

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 06:34:01 AM »
Not so sure BD.  Next year's Renault is surely better than this year's Ferrari.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 12:22:08 PM »
Next year's Renault is surely better than this year's Ferrari.

That may be the first time in history anybody ever said that!   :swoon:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 05:28:49 PM »
Next year's Renault is surely better than this year's Ferrari.

That may be the first time in history anybody ever said that!   :swoon:

I get what you're saying  :D :D  ...but if it isn't, they have no business in F1.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 06:47:23 PM »
It's great that the team at Enstone will be saved, there's a lot of motor racing heritage and good quality employees there.  I have a feeling that next season will be difficult for them, just as it was when Renault bought Benetton in 2001, but after that I think that they will start to improve.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Online cosworth151

Re: Renault Rescues Lotus
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 10:22:55 PM »
Renault released this statement today:

"Renault Group and Gravity Motorsports S.a.r.l., an affiliate of Genii Capital SA, are pleased to announce the signature of a letter of intent regarding the potential acquisition by Renault of a controlling stake in Lotus F1 Team Ltd. The signature of this Letter of Intent marks Renault's first step towards the project of a Renault Formula 1 team from the 2016 racing season thereby extending 38 years of commitment of the brand to the world's premier motorsport championship series.

"Renault Group and Gravity will work together in the coming weeks to eventually turn this initial undertaking into a definitive transaction provided all terms and conditions are met between them and other interested parties."

I guess that pretty much makes it a done deal.

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/122038-renault-signs-lotus-letter-of-intent
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 03:14:59 AM »
For me Manor getting a Mercedes engine is more exciting than Lotus being revived by Renault. If Mercedes does provide them with a good engine, then there might a possibility of Mclaren Honda struggling at the back while Manor tackle through towards higher places.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Online Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 03:33:03 AM »
For me Manor getting a Mercedes engine is more exciting than Lotus being revived by Renault. If Mercedes does provide them with a good engine, then there might a possibility of Mclaren Honda struggling at the back while Manor tackle through towards higher places.

I am looking forward to Manor finally taking a step forward instead of merely treading water.

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 10:12:06 AM »

I am looking forward to Manor finally taking a step forward instead of merely treading water.

I just hope DC stops calling them MaRussia  ;)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 11:13:33 AM »

Macca will still have Haas to act as buffer to their the wooden spoon next year BD.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle