collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 501
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Japanese race  (Read 4364 times)

Offline Andy B

Japanese race
« on: September 27, 2015, 08:37:11 AM »
Merck back on track so normal service resumed, I thought Nico was going to complain about the start but he didn't has he resigned himself to being runner up?
The comments from JB and Alonso are becoming more and more open and as MB said is Alonso trying to get sacked?
Kimi had a quiet race.
Verstappen is going to be WC or have a big one.
One DNF is quite rare nowadays and both Macca's finished although slowly.

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

Re: Japanese race
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 11:19:05 AM »
We weren't even sure there was GOING to be a DNF on chat. 

Yeah, Alonso seems to be getting a bit cranky, though maybe a GP2 motor would be step up.  Not sure why he lets Briatore get away with so much garbage in the press though...who is the boss in that team?

Sorry Kimi didn't make it past Rosberg.  It's just childish the way Rosberg and Hamilton behave toward each other.  Both a pair of little entitled brats if you ask me.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 07:39:27 AM »
Historically there have been other team mates that ignore each other, Senna and Prost - Vettel and Webber - Mansell and Patrese, so Lewis and Nico is nothing new. Other drivers when interviewed after they have finished racing have said they never got on with their team mates while racing. Lewis got on ok with JB so maybe its Nico not liking coming second?

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 01:51:11 PM »
Historically there have been other team mates that ignore each other, Senna and Prost - Vettel and Webber - Mansell and Patrese, so Lewis and Nico is nothing new. Other drivers when interviewed after they have finished racing have said they never got on with their team mates while racing. Lewis got on ok with JB so maybe its Nico not liking coming second?

Nico just seems glum all the time (unless he wins), but to me Lewis's behavior is bizarre that he still treats Nico like crap even when he wins.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 03:50:51 PM »

Nico just seems glum all the time (unless he wins), but to me Lewis's behavior is bizarre that he still treats Nico like crap even when he wins.

F1 certainly isn't the only sport where teammates mistreat each other publicly.  It is prevalent in the NBA and NFL in the USA.  Even in Canada the NHL occasionally features players airing dirty laundry in public.

I am surprised about the Hamilton/Rosberg relationship because they were supposedly such great friends after going through junior series together.  Part of me believes that they're putting on act that's been commanded from on high to provide drama so that Mercedes is discussed as more than simply dominating the sport  (I'm sure Germans are still touchy about being perceived as 'dominating Europe')

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 08:33:01 PM »
After winning the World Series many years ago the Arizona Diamondbacks traded Phil Schilling to Boston because he didn't do his public appearances and he feuded with some of his team mates. Of course AZ hasn't been near the Series since and Phil helped Boston win a couple as I recall, including one where he was pitching with blood oozing out of one of his shoes. If the point is winning, personalities don't matter much really.

That said, Hambone has forced Nico off the road a number of times, and if I was Nico I'd just let him hit me, then point out that the rules say you have to leave room for a car along side.
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 11:23:23 AM »

That said, Hambone has forced Nico off the road a number of times, and if I was Nico I'd just let him hit me, then point out that the rules say you have to leave room for a car along side.

Only trouble there Lonny is that the Stewards tend to ignore moves involving teammates, unless of course it's so blatant as to be dangerous.

Come to think of it  the same close their eyes philosophy reigns for the first few corners of any race with cars of any colour, unless of course it really changes the material outcome of the race for competing leading teams  - again the too dangerous rule also comes into play.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 12:19:39 PM »
After winning the World Series many years ago the Arizona Diamondbacks traded Phil Schilling to Boston because he didn't do his public appearances and he feuded with some of his team mates.

Was that about the same time the D-Backs traded Curt Schilling to the BoSox?   ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 02:11:26 PM »
Ah, got me Cossie. Of course it was Curt. Where did I come up with Phil?
Lonny

Offline Andy B

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 03:40:23 AM »

I think if you look at Nico's position that whoever was the second Merc driver he has done well against including Schumi but Lewis drives into town and although he had the better of him at times while he settled into the team he has basically become the number two driver. The stuff that goes on is also to mess with your opponents head be it a team mate or not and Lewis is winning that race too.
Schumi was great at showing huge delight at winning and thanking the team and telling them how great they are and even saying his podium buddies where really good too but he had beaten them so not praise at all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle