collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 97
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16179 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13024 Posts
John S John S
11297 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Newey Says RBR Being Forced Out  (Read 2752 times)

Offline cosworth151

Newey Says RBR Being Forced Out
« on: October 12, 2015, 09:59:47 PM »
Now Adrian Newey is saying that Red Bull is being forced out of F1.

"We're possibly going to be forced out of Formula 1 - Mercedes and Ferrari have refused to supply us out of fear," Newey told the Reuters news agency. "Unfortunately, our relationship with Renault is pretty terminal. There's been too much of a marriage breakdown, so we have no engine.

"Red Bull should not be put in a position where they're only there to make up the numbers."

"Within the regulations, the engines can be balanced somewhat so that there's less of a performance disparity then there is at the moment, but the FIA has been unwilling to do this," he said. "We need to get back to the position where all teams have access to an engine which is there or thereabouts – if it's a couple of percent behind then OK, but when it's 10 percent behind it's too big a gap.

"As an engineer, I'd liked to see more flexibility in the chassis regulations so that teams can find benefit through ingenuity and creativity."

I do agree with him about chassis design. The designers should be allowed far more leeway. That's how breakthroughs are made.

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/122593-rivals-forcing-red-bull-out-newey

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

Re: Newey Says RBR Being Forced Out
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 01:40:51 AM »
I don't think there's an effort to drive red bull out but a systemic problem that ree bull is highlighting.   Basically the modern engine rules are awful.  At this point the FIA needs to change them unilaterally and if Mercedes isnt happy then let them be the ones to leave.

I can't imagine anyone else is happy with the engine regs.  They're not saving money. They're not providing spectacle. They're just dragging every name in the sport through the mud.

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:44:32 AM »
RBR are really getting on my nerves. They decided to have a strategic partnership with Renault and enjoyed the status of being the number one customer. They were very happy when they were completely dominating F1.  Then their strategic partner hits a slightly poor patch and they publically denigrate them and want to switch so they can benefit from all the work the other teams have done with their own strategic partners. What is even more ridiculous is that the Renault engine is getting better and (as Torro Rosso have proved) it is more than capable of powering overtakes and getting into points positions.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »
Here I have to agree with Monty. Nobody told Red Bull to ruin things with Renault, in the era of no refuelling, it was their effcient engine that gave them the basis to dominate in aero. Remault was never given the credit they deserved, Lotus has proved in few races how good their engine was.

I also think asking for the premium from the engine supplier is really asking too much, and if they are not willing to provide it then they should not be blamed. Williams had to suffer a lotfor its lack of engine supplier and yet they are still running with the racer's spirit.

I think any unilateral decision by FIA will cause not only Mercedes leaving the sports, but also Ferrari will follow suite. And Mercedes show be rewarded for the patience they showed from 2009 to 2013, they bought a championship winning team, and yet had to go through at times humiliating defeats, so all the accolades they are earning now, are those they deserve.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 05:55:39 PM »
Everyone's right. 

The engine rules are a complete joke.  Unless you brought an already fantastic engine to the show at the beginning of last year, your chances of much success before the next revolution in 2017 are slim at best.  Save a few bucks, kill an entire series.  Soooooo stupid.

Red Bull made their own bed in this case.  As said below and other threads, it was naive/silly/wreckless for RBR to abuse their engine partner at all, but at the very least not before they had a Plan B.  If Horner is one of those at RBR to spectacularly lose his job, and be pilloried for causing another 1200 to lose theirs, as he should be, I won't shed a tear.  I was once a fan of RBR, but have been completely soured by these last two seasons.

Newly is right of course.  At the very least, if they have such ridiculous engine rules, please allow the chassis and aero guys some leaway to build a car that can compensate somewhat for a crap engine.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 07:52:40 PM »
Newly is right of course.  At the very least, if they have such ridiculous engine rules, please allow the chassis and aero guys some leaway to build a car that can compensate somewhat for a crap engine.

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 10:12:21 PM »

Or people who aren't ALLOWED to build engines (or at least develop them)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 09:45:55 PM »
I understand Adrian Newey's comments about the overly restrictive rules to some extent, but it's easy for him to sit there and say that since money has never been an object for him.  He has designed cars for Williams, Red Bull, and McLaren, so he's hardly been lacking in cash.  About the only time when he had to design a car on a restricted budget was at March (Leyton House), and he might want to recall that experience.

Red Bull is not being forced out.  They are forcing themselves out through their own inability to be diplomatic towards their engine partner.  Their ire ought to be directed towards the FIA about the engine rules, not Renault.  The restrictions on engine development and the long life engine rules are damaging Formula 1, but that's not Renault's fault.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 12:35:28 PM »
Now Bernie is threatening to loose his legions of lawyers if RBR pulls out. Gee, what a surprise.  ::)

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/f1-boss-ecclestone-could-sue-red-bull-if-team-leaves-series
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 12:40:26 PM »
It's a shame this crap has over 1000 employees waiting in the wings.  I imagine a good pile of them also have contracts with RBR and would be in a position to sue as well.  Marko and Horner have dug themselves into a massive hole that will take a lot to get out of.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 09:12:39 PM »
I think Sauber's boss put it in the best way, success made them blind, daft and a bit stupid like the snobby brats.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle