collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 584
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Red Bull's Death throes  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Scott

Red Bull's Death throes
« on: October 09, 2015, 07:07:11 PM »
are becoming a bit of a soap opera.

Now Renault, their only chance at getting an engine better than a Honda, are going to make them grovel.  Of course RBR is jumping up and down throwing a hissy fit in Bernie's office saying he had better fix it or they are going to run away.

It's really becoming more like a kindergarten than professional sport.  As much as I would love to be a fly on the wall during some of the discussions, what they are allowing to leak into the press is embarrassing enough. 

You can hardly blame Cyril for suggesting it might be a bit much for the Renault board to swallow to deal with RBR after all the public criticism?  I don't.  Unfortunately now RBR won't sign the divorce papers, so Renault may actually be bound to supply them engines.  We will see I guess.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121239

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

Re: Red Bull's Death throes
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 08:00:49 PM »
I'm sure the sport was always like this... but behind closed doors.

The double edged sword of internet reporting is that we get to know just about EVERYTHING.

Remember when Renault (the team) was in trouble and Flavio would tape paper over the windows so they could meet in private?  Who knew that we'd be looking to Flavio for SENSIBLE team management?

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 09:50:57 AM »

You can hardly blame Cyril for suggesting it might be a bit much for the Renault board to swallow to deal with RBR after all the public criticism?

I have worse worries to consider, most prominently what will happen to Enstone?
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 10:29:16 AM »

If, and it's still a big if in my opinion, Renault stay in F1 they should have no logistical problem supplying RBR and STR for 2016.

However as BD fears will this attempt to cling on by Mateschitz leave the Renault board with such a bad taste that they'll honour the contract but then walk away from F1.

Other suggestions are that Renault may in fact be discussing a full takeover of the MK Red Bull team, again where will that leave the plucky Enstone warriors, or Christian Horner for that matter?  :DntKnw:   
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 10:34:17 PM »
It is all becoming overly melodramatic in my opinion.  I believe that Red Bull will be forced to stick with Renault in the end, and there will be sufficient public grovelling to be carried out as part of the deal.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle