collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 494
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Haas F1 second driver name leaked - Gutierrez  (Read 4005 times)

Offline Scott

Haas F1 second driver name leaked - Gutierrez
« on: October 17, 2015, 02:40:38 PM »
In a way it is too bad since they were going to make the announcement in Mexico at the GP.  Now apparently they will announce in Austin next week even though this is certainly going to be all over the internet by then.

Gutierrez brings with him 2 seasons of experience in a lousy Sauber, Ferrari ties making the engine supplier happy and a pile of Carlos Slim's pesos. 

I guess Gene has discovered that F1 is a bit more complex than he thought when he announced a simple assembly and small base of operations in Europe with the bulk of the manufacturing going on at the US base.  He has since expanded his European branch, and that will cost more money...hence the Slim money needed. 

I hope he is able to convince a few of his current NASCAR sponsors to put stickers on his F1 cars.  My hope is that Bass Pro is going to open European stores (I'm in dreamland) and that maybe he can land Coke which would be peachy on a Ferrari red background.

http://thejudge13.com/2015/10/15/haas-f1-second-driver-name-leaked/

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

Re: Haas F1 second driver name leaked - Gutierrez
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 10:04:10 PM »
Sounds like Haas has a good set of drivers.

Expecting the car to live up to them would be foolish, but a girl can hope.

I do hope that the team succeeds.  F1 needs to show that new comers are welcome.

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 10:44:28 AM »
I think new teams are always welcome, the problem is because of the financial bias they find it very hard to stick around.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 04:08:14 PM »
Guti landing on the Haas was inevitable, as development driver Ferrari will push for this, and in a way it is a blessing for Haas as it comes with extra dividend of Slim money.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Irisado

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 10:38:00 PM »
Gutierrez had a pretty good Sauber alongside Hulkenberg in 2013, and only finished in the points once.  He struck me as being a touch average back then, and looked even more so driving the 2014 Sauber, although that was a poor car by the standards of this era.

I suspect that his time as Ferrari test driver will have seen him improve somewhat.  Whether it will have converted his performances in a similar way to those of Massa (Massa's debut for Sauber in 2002 was very poor, but his time as Ferrari test driver saw him improve considerably when he rejoined Sauber two years later). remains to be seen.  I think that he's a solid choice at the moment, but no more than that.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 12:59:17 AM »
Gutierrez had a pretty good Sauber alongside Hulkenberg in 2013, and only finished in the points once.  He struck me as being a touch average back then, and looked even more so driving the 2014 Sauber, although that was a poor car by the standards of this era.

I suspect that his time as Ferrari test driver will have seen him improve somewhat.  Whether it will have converted his performances in a similar way to those of Massa (Massa's debut for Sauber in 2002 was very poor, but his time as Ferrari test driver saw him improve considerably when he rejoined Sauber two years later). remains to be seen.  I think that he's a solid choice at the moment, but no more than that.

Fisichella beat Massa at Sauber....he also beat every other teamie with the exception of Alonso and  team orders were a part of that.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Irisado

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 10:42:35 AM »
Fisichella did, indeed, have the upper hand over Massa at Sauber.  My point was that Massa substantially improved after his stint as Ferrari test driver, having increased speed and a much reduced propensity for crashing.

I'm not following your point about team orders.  Alonso beat Fisichella when they were team mates at Renault because he was faster, or did you mean something else?
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline cosworth151

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle