collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 500
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: COTA  (Read 8252 times)

Offline Monty

COTA
« on: October 24, 2015, 07:35:23 PM »
All credit to the spectators. Queuing to get in then sitting in truly awful weather with smiles on their faces. Surely they can't all be British  ;)

Offline Willy

Re: COTA
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 12:37:47 AM »
It's America and there are a few fans who want to watch something other then NASCAR.
Truly an effort to sit out in that weather.
A major hurricane blowing in from the Pacific just south of there is going to raise hell with this event.

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 08:42:01 AM »
Credit to all fans who sat out in all that, at least they were rewarded with a trip to the pit lane. And well done the drivers and teams for putting on a bit of impromptu entertainment.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 01:51:05 PM »
A major hurricane blowing in from the Pacific just south of there is going to raise hell with this event.

Somebody bigger than Bernie going on record that the USGP should be somewhere else.   ;)

BTW, it's a lovely fall week-end in Speedway, Indiana.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 04:32:31 PM »
I think all I can say is that, I am grateful to all the organizers as well as the spectators, for keeping the spirit up, and with certain common sense (which is very uncommon in F1 usually) to put qualifying and race in the same day, which produced one of the most exciting races of the season.

I felt really bad for Red Bull, given the way they finished, a lone tenth place, in no way translate the performance they produced, so hope they will sort out their problem and take the fight to the end, not just during the changing weather conditions.

A hats off to Alexander Rossi, to almost finish among the points in his home race, must be feeling special, though his ascend is entirely rest upon the benefit of others' retirement, but being able to keep it to the end must be rewarded.

The race was packed with wheel to wheel racing, also had the battle of strategies, and run off areas seemed like a regular place for drivers to make a visit. If Texas produce this good race, I might keep it among the races I would like to visit list of mine no matter the price of the tickets, and the lack of accommodation in Austin.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 10:00:13 PM »
I think this picture pretty well sums it up.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 12:24:50 AM »
I think this picture pretty well sums it up.

I do feel sorry for Nico.  You put in your dues, and you think you've earned your shot, and then someone else comes along and takes it.  Whatever it is that makes an F1 champion, I don't think Nico has it.  He's got the skills.  Indeed, he has demonstrated to be Lewis's equal in terms of pure driving, and he bested Schumacher (even if it was MS at his best), but that 'killer instinct' that MS, Lewis, Vettel and Alonso have in abundance, he just doesn't have.

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 10:33:47 AM »
I don't like Lewis, but Nico blew it and has no one but himself to blame.

I was there through it all - mud and muck.  A lot of people got their cars stuck in the mud trying to get out of the parking lots.

Saturday afternoon was really tough.  Delay followed by delay . . .  When they finally called it a wash ( :o) they must have waited a bit to announce the pit lane being open to everyone who stuck it out.  We never heard the announcement.  >:(

Vintage cars did a total of about 30 laps for the weekend, all behind the safety car.  It was good to hear them, but that was all.

Supercup guys got a race in, but no practice or qualifying.

I will say that the race (Formula 1) was an awesome race with a lot going on.  I really wanted Nico to hang onto the lead, but it just wasn't in the cards.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 01:24:45 PM »
Totally agree.  In fact aside from a bit of bad luck here and there (like everyone), that has been the story of Nico's career.  He has the odd glimmer of the killer-win instinct, but then blows it next race. 

I just wish he would take the scowling off-camera.  He gets paid millions because of Mercedes sponsors, and they deserve better representation by him (and Lewis, on the days he doesn't win).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Jericoke

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2015, 02:06:22 PM »
Totally agree.  In fact aside from a bit of bad luck here and there (like everyone), that has been the story of Nico's career.  He has the odd glimmer of the killer-win instinct, but then blows it next race. 

I just wish he would take the scowling off-camera.  He gets paid millions because of Mercedes sponsors, and they deserve better representation by him (and Lewis, on the days he doesn't win).

I read a rumour (just a rumour, no proof, and I don't agree, but felt it was worth a mention anyway) that Nico's 'mistake' was some sort of team order so that Hamilton could win in the USA.

That would explain why Nico was extra grumpy, that he made himself look a fool.

I'm more inclined to think Nico was grumpy because he made a mistake and that's enough to explain his mood.

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 04:58:47 PM »

I read a rumour (just a rumour, no proof, and I don't agree, but felt it was worth a mention anyway) that Nico's 'mistake' was some sort of team order so that Hamilton could win in the USA.

That would explain why Nico was extra grumpy, that he made himself look a fool.

I'm more inclined to think Nico was grumpy because he made a mistake and that's enough to explain his mood.

They wouldn't make someone spin out to fix a race
now would they?Flav has the answer
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 07:22:54 PM »
If it had been the last race the Nico off track theory might have held water but not with three to go and remember Flav got caught.
You also have to remember that if the Mercedes pit wall had not cocked up Monaco Lewis would have had another win and Nico would have been out of the picture by now anyhow and yes Lewis threw teddy out the pram then too.
These guys are under huge pressure to achieve not just from the teams but the fans and themselves too so I suppose it shows the human side of them.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 08:14:09 PM »
Nico is more upset that we thought. He thinks the race was like eating ox testicles.

Really.

I'm not kidding.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/whiny-rosberg-doubles-down-crybaby-behavior-us-grand-prix-f1-race
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 08:27:46 PM »
Mexico is on bloody sky too  >:D
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 10:22:20 PM »
Mexico is on bloody sky too  >:D

I knew there was a reason I shell out £27 a month to Sky, thanks for reminding me Ian.  :tease: 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle