collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 585
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Number 3 for Lewis  (Read 6658 times)

Offline Ian

Re: Number 3 for Lewis
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 01:28:22 PM »
I sometimes have gusts of wind, but it doesn't make me swerve off of the pavement.  :P
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 01:29:04 PM »
I sometimes have gusts of wind, but it doesn't make me swerve off of the pavement.  :P

No no, I've seen one knock you down...or was that just too much beer?  Lucky that chair was in just the right place...  :DD :DD
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »
Isn't it funny how people allow their personal prejudices to stop them seeing the bigger picture.

If you mean me,
For the record, if I was questioning one person's opinion I would mention them by name (and I can't think of anything that would make me question anyone on this forum). I'm self-opinionated and I fully accept that other people have different (wrong) opinions  ;).
I was simply commenting that there are 'people' that seem to be inconsistent in how they view the actions of one driver against another. Anyone that has been on this forum for anytime will know that my opinions on Schumacher were always consistent (consistently bad!). However, everything that I based my opinions on, were based on facts. I think (hope) that if any other driver did the same things as Schumacher, I would consider them to be equally arrogant cheats!
My point was simply that the facts are that Hamilton was a worthy winner - he had good luck and bad luck; he benefitted from aggression but he suffered from the aggression of others, he didn't play games (e.g. reversing onto the track to spoil his team-mates qualifying run, etc.) but despite this some 'people' allow their dislike for him to cloud the facts. No offence was intended.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 04:11:00 PM »
What it always comes down to is lack of consequences. Lewis can force Nico off at turn 1 because there is a huge run off. Take a look at the video John posted in the 50 years ago thread, you force someone off there and the car is in the crowd. Drivers drove cleanly and respectfully then because they had to. Not a big fan of either Merc driver, but I wish just once Nico would hold his line and let Lewis run into him. Just for grins over what it would start.  :crazy:         
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 05:14:56 PM »
I wish just once Nico would hold his line and let Lewis run into him. Just for grins over what it would start.  :crazy:         

...like Webber and Vettel.  I totally agree, in fact now that the championship is done, Nico has no reason to change his line for Lewis.  At the very least it removes him from the podium.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2015, 10:05:37 PM »
Remember that the last two races are fly-aways. I don't think Nico would like to fly all the way home in steerage coach.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2015, 10:26:50 PM »
Nico probably has his own plane.
Lonny

Offline Andy B

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2015, 07:43:32 AM »
No plane for Nico!
If you Google Lewis Hamilton's plane you get pictures of it but nothing comes up for Nico so I assume he does not have one and bum's a lift with Lewis or Nicky.  >:D
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle