collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 525
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Aston Martin F1 2016?  (Read 2986 times)

Offline cosworth151

Aston Martin F1 2016?
« on: October 31, 2015, 08:14:21 PM »
Sahara Force India (formerly Force India/Spyker/Midland/Jordan) May have another new name for next season - Aston Martin.

Vijay Mallya said, "I said Force India because I wanted to fulfill aspirations of all the motorsport enthusiasts in India who never could have even dreamed there would be an Indian F1 team on the grid. F1 has long been regarded as being out of reach.

"That was the objective and I've fulfilled that objective. We've fulfilled the objective over eight years."

As for the change to A-M:

"That marque is one of the most famous British brands. It has a good amount of stature. It is at a level of luxury and aspiration. It attracts more sponsors and makes what is today Force India more marketable."

Or, as we say over here, it's all about the Benjamins.

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/123189-mallya-force-india-name-s-job-is-done

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

Re: Aston Martin F1 2016?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 08:47:48 PM »
We know Vijay has a long line of critics, but from a purely F1 fan point of view, he's got my respect.  He's shown up every race, and had a large handful of really good seasons based on a budget vs constructors points viewpoint.  Hats off to you Vijay...plenty of naysayers and you're still there.

And he has by far the best Team Principal haircut in the paddock.  Lewis could get a few lessons from Vijay.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Irisado

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 11:41:04 PM »
I'm not sure that I really want to see Aston Martin on a Formula 1 grid.  It smells too much of a manufacturer taking over an independent team (yet again), and I want to see that trend come to a permanent end, rather than to see it return.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 12:55:23 PM »
The version of the rumour I heard was the Aston Martin/Force India link was more of an enhanced title sponsor arrangement than anything affecting ownership or team control. I don't think Aston Martin will enter F1 in a capacity requiring it to handle race matters while its current boss is in charge as he considers his #1 mandate to be the only boss ever to get Aston Martin to make an overall profit. (For those of you who don't know, Aston Martin has gone into administration or equivalent seven times in its history because in only two years has it ever not made a loss...)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 01:48:40 PM »
A title sponsorship agreement would be a positive step for Force India.  I'd be much less concerned about that kind of arrangement.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle