collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 590
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Niki may be losing not just one job, but two!  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Scott

Niki may be losing not just one job, but two!
« on: November 04, 2015, 11:01:32 AM »
He leaves a wake of p*ssed off people, wherever he goes.  Bye bye Merc, bye bye RTL.  FERRARI?  You can have him, just keep him in a closet somewhere.

http://thejudge13.com/2015/11/03/lauda-could-be-set-to-re-join-ferrari/

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

Re: Niki may be losing not just one job, but two!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 04:13:37 PM »
I think we're all in agreement there are too many chefs in the kitchen at Mercedes.  However as long as they're winning, I figured they would keep it up.

Nice to see them being a little pro active instead of waiting for something to fall apart.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »
Another article from Pit Pass is suggesting things are going sour at Mercedes, for both drivers and management. 

It almost seems sometimes like when Merc are so dominant that they need to create their own drama to keep everyone interested.  More of a cluster if you ask me.

Niki, Toto, Mateschitz, Horner, Marko...all a bunch of prima dona's themselves.  I wish they were as interested in the sport of F1 as much as themselves.

http://www.pitpass.com/55125/Trouble-in-paradise
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 08:06:55 PM »
Another article from Pit Pass is suggesting things are going sour at Mercedes, for both drivers and management. 

It almost seems sometimes like when Merc are so dominant that they need to create their own drama to keep everyone interested.  More of a cluster if you ask me.

Niki, Toto, Mateschitz, Horner, Marko...all a bunch of prima dona's themselves.  I wish they were as interested in the sport of F1 as much as themselves.

http://www.pitpass.com/55125/Trouble-in-paradise

They're hardly the first 'personalities' in the sport, and with any luck they won't be the last.  While 'sport' is about what goes on  on the track (or pitch or court etc.), what truly draws people are the people.  Sure, some of us are watching F1 awaiting a sublime pass, but plenty watch F1 to see what Kimi will say next, or what Lewis will do to Nico. 

I can't say I ever wanted to watch an F1 team explode, but I was surprised that Mercedes gained so much success from the mixture of personalities involved.  And I'll admit, I do enjoy watching these prideful men over reach and scrabble for power.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 07:15:00 AM »
If you ask me, its a storm in a tea cup. There will be rifts between the team bosses, and I guess Mercedes only appointed Niki to keep press pre-occupied, he hardly seems to have any control over the team decision. I think in the matter of team decision Toto will be responsible, in terms of technical decisions Paddy Lowe has the final say, and to keep the press printing Mercedes name we have our favorite NIKI LAUDA  :D

Regarding the Hamilton-Rosberg rivalry, they are just feeding the hungry journalist to fill up their columns, there is hardly anything more, than usually there is in a championship winning team when two of its drivers are competing for the championship. In fact there hardly anything at all.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Irisado

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 11:44:24 PM »
The evidence of a rift in the management all looks to be somewhat lacking to me.  I think that the media is, to a certain extent, trying to create drama in the hope that it will cause Mercedes to drop the ball and give another team the chance to win.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle