collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 576
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Attacks in Paris  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Jericoke

Attacks in Paris
« on: November 14, 2015, 12:57:23 AM »
My thoughts are certainly with the brave and innocent people of Paris, France, and like minded members of the human race.

It is just unacceptable that things like this can happen.

Offline Dare

Re: Attacks in Paris
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 04:33:56 AM »
My thoughts too Jeri but how surprised is anyone
this has happened?In times like this we need strong
politicians and gov'ts....maybe some day we'll get both.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Irisado

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 01:57:31 PM »
There's a lot of terrible things happening across the world lately, and this is just the latest one.  It's very distressing and concerning.  So many innocent people being killed.  It's awful.

I hope that France does not compromise its values in any response that it takes, as that's what IS wants it to do.  Always remember égalité, liberté, et fraternité.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 06:27:25 PM »
Dreadful events. This sort of contempt for human life is hard to believe.

My heart goes out to the victims and the people of France.
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 06:59:52 PM »
It's hard to understand how some people can have so much hatred and contempt in them that they're happy to slaughter innocent people.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 09:00:52 PM »
I can think of no greater blasphemy than slaughtering innocent people in the name of God. My thoughts & prayers are with the people of Paris.

At the end of NBCsn's coverage of Quali, they showed the giant Christ the Redeemer at Rio. It was illuminated in the French tri-color last night. I thought it was most appropriate. The stature is the work of French sculptor Paul Landowski.

Both Lotus cars will carry this emblem in the race tomorrow.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 09:36:24 PM »
It's really sad.  There are monuments all over the world being lit with the French flag in lights tonight.  I saw a Facebook post with 10-12 of them.  One of the best tweets (I'm paraphrasing) was begging people to not blame the refugees because of course the terrorists who did this are the same ones chasing the refugees away from their homes.  It's just really sad.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 02:50:39 AM »
There's a lot of terrible things happening across the world lately, and this is just the latest one.  It's very distressing and concerning.  So many innocent people being killed.  It's awful.

I hope that France does not compromise its values in any response that it takes, as that's what IS wants it to do.  Always remember égalité, liberté, et fraternité.

It is true.  The French attack seems so much more dreadful because for many of us, Parisians are 'like us'.  We really shouldn't allow these events to overshadow equally dreadful actions in other places around the globe.

Thank you for reminding me that terrorism isn't a 'Europe problem'!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle