collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 565
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1's power struggle  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Scott

F1's power struggle
« on: December 18, 2015, 10:08:25 AM »
The Ferrari argument makes sense on every point.  Most important is where Marchionne suggests it is the job of FOM to ensure smaller teams viability, not Ferrari's.   :good: :good:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/35103892

So Todt has obviously seen the benefit of teaming up with Bernie, but those two are up against some new players at Ferrari and Mercedes, not to mention very p*ssed off bosses at RBR and Mclaren, and a midfield having hissy fits about the lack of cash flowing down their way.  Could we really be near the breaking point opening up the possibility of a new team owned and run series?  I hope so.  Tell Jean & Bernie to go stuff themselves.  Even if it meant that F1 would be a mess as it sorted itself out for a couple of years, I would stay with it.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

Re: F1's power struggle
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 12:49:32 PM »
If F1 splinters, overall I don't think it would be good for the sport.  It won't be fair to the factory workers, people who make their livelihood trackside, or even fans who will have trouble planning their family time around watching schedules.

The threat of a split might be good though.  It's a big pie, and it makes more sense to share it instead of creating two smaller ones.  Sometimes seeing the alternative is the best way to see that the best option is right in front of you.

However, personally I find the behind the scenes machinations fascinating, and I'd love to watch the drama unfold.  Having twice as many F1 races has the possibility of being great.  (or two watered down series has the possibility of being twice as disappointing, of course)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle