collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 474
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11274 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2015 Grid Game Champion  (Read 7119 times)

Offline Wizzo

2015 Grid Game Champion
« on: November 29, 2015, 05:51:04 PM »
The 2015 F1 season is over and that means we have a new Grid Game Champion.

The top two, AndyB and Luke Warmwater both scored exactly 215 points therefore we have to evoke the second ruling of how many correct pole positions were predicted correctly by each player.

Pole Positions correctly guessed are as follows:

AndyB = 11
Luke Warmwater = 13

Therefore it is with great pride that I announce that Luke Warmwater is the winner of the 2015 Grid Game and the new GPWizard Grid Game Champion.

The signed F1 cap goes to Luke (hope it fits  ;)) but as the competition was so close I will be sending AndyB an F1 related item as well. Please both of you PM me you name, address and telephone number.

Many thanks to all the members that took part. My personal thanks going to Dare for taking the time to moderate another slick and fair competition for us all.

Wiz
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:54:07 PM by Wizzo »

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Dare

Re: 2015 Grid Game Champion
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 06:26:23 PM »
Way to go Luke and Andy.Thanks to Wiz for giving
us a place to enjoy our F1 addiction
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 06:51:55 PM »
Well done Luke and Andy  :good:  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 07:06:51 PM »
Congratulations Luke...hope we'll see you around the forum this winter.   :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 07:15:43 PM »
Congratulations on your victory, Luke! Enjoy Wizzo's prize and put it somewhere it will be seen often  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Also congratulations to Andy for running Luke so close. Anyone who can invoke position rules must be really good  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 07:29:19 PM »
Congrats to both of you. Well done!

If only the F1 championship could be that close.   ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Andy B

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 07:36:21 PM »
Well done Luke a deserved Champion, its been a good season for the Grid Game anyway. The closed season championship now gets underway.

As some of you know I run an F1 Game for friends, just the ten of us, and this year I won but should add I have also in the past been last!!

Wear your cap with pride Luke, and well done to Wizzo and Dare for bringing us the game and everyone else for making it a competition.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline bo bruce

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 08:34:18 PM »
congrats to the new Champion(s)  and huge thanks for those responisble for making this 'outlet' open to us fans~
hApPy tRaiLs

Offline Warmwater

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 09:03:55 PM »
Wow!  :o
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I had resigned myself to 3rd place at the best so it is a surprise. Then I noticed that Wizzo bailed out in the last race after being in the lead, so perhaps he should really be the winner...
Thanks to Dare and Wizzo for running this website, it is the best.
Congratulations to Andy, looking forward to the competition next year.
I will try to do more posting and check in on the chat more often, so thanks again everyone and I will wear my new cap with pride.
Sincerely,
San Lucas
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.” ― Mario Andretti.

Offline greener_09

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 11:49:24 AM »
 :yahoo: :yahoo: Congratulations Luke you had a great season.Im already looking forward to next season so I can challenge for those flags back. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 10:24:30 PM »

Congrats to Lukewarm our new GG Champ,  :good:  :yahoo: it was sure close at the end.  :swoon: 

Thanks to Wizzo and Dare for another good game, and yet again it's proof that 'points make prizes'.  :D 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 01:55:20 PM »
Congratulations to both of you, very well deserved.  Also, many thanks to Wizzo and Dare for keeping this game up and running.  It has been much more entertaining than the real championship this season.

On a side note, there were so many scores of zero in the last race.  Did people fall asleep when making their picks at the prospect of the venue, and only wake up after the race :D?
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Andy B

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 05:41:27 AM »
I'd just like to let you all know that I have received a print from Wizz as my prize its of the first race at Silverstone in 1950, its a fantastic picture and once I have it framed I'll post a photo here. I'm quite chuffed.  :yahoo:
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2015, 01:40:17 PM »
Brilliant prize, sounds fantastic. Looking forward to seeing it.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2015, 03:04:33 PM »
Congrats, Andy! Wizzo always comes through with outstanding stuff!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle