collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 621
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Spice up show ‘Saturday F1 race for teams, Sunday for drivers’  (Read 1388 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
So says Johnny Herbert. Seems v good plan to me.

Obviously though this means it will never be adopted as it's far too sensible.

It could certainly free up the team orders that restrict a proper on track fight at the moment - but would it????

http://planetf1.com/news/saturday-race-for-teams-sunday-for-drivers/

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

Re: Spice up show ‘Saturday F1 race for teams, Sunday for drivers’
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 03:05:03 PM »
I like the idea, but they do have to be careful about putting on too much of a show.  I'm a pretty good F1 fan, but even I feel like I can miss qualifying and still enjoy the race.

But if I have to miss a constructor race, I'm not sure I'm going to feel compelled to watch the driver race.  Once I'm okay with missing races, I'm a casual fan.  Once I'm a casual fan, I might find something else to spend my time and money on.

It will certainly help the circuits attract more fans on the race weekends, but it means the costs will go up, and I don't think anyone has been complaining about F1 tickets being too cheap.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 02:42:36 PM »
I dislike the proposal.  It's not sensible in my opinion because Formula 1 is all about being a team sport.  Also, having more races during a weekend won't make them any more exciting, assuming that the rules governing the cars are not changed.  More races with the same pitiful lack of genuine overtaking and bullet proof reliability will only add to the current predictability of Formula 1.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 03:41:48 PM »
Would teams be allowed to have a third (T) car again? What would happen if a team wipes out a car in the Saturday race? What effect would it have on the maximum number of power train components? In any case, it would certainly raise the cost of a week-end to the teams.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle