collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 582
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: My Daughter -There Is No Map To The Journey Of Life.  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Wizzo

My Daughter -There Is No Map To The Journey Of Life.
« on: February 29, 2016, 12:24:35 AM »
Many of the regular members will know that my reduced activity on the site over the past two years has been due to my daughter Kelly having developed lung cancer at the age of 32 despite never smoking a day in her life.

It's with the heaviest of hearts that I have to inform you that Kelly lost her fight with cancer this afternoon. Her entire family were at her side and she slipped away peacefully in a short space of time. Kelly was loved by everyone. She would always see the positive in every situation and shone a light on every life she touched.

Since being diagnosed Kelly has always been an inspiration with her spirited fight and positive attitude. She suffered the many side effects from radio and chemotherapy and soldiered on with the hope of being admitted for trial drugs and alternative cures. The NHS, MacMillan nurses and St Lukes Hospice have all played their part and have been brilliant throughout. It's sad that so many of the treatments available are controlled by pharmaceutical companies that see their entire operation as a business with very little compassion for the lives that these drugs could radically change.

Kelly leaves behind her husband Mark and her three children, Reef (13), Cherry (11) and Sonny (6). The three grandchildren are now our main focus and of course it is a lot to ask of Mark to try and hold down a full time job and bring up three children single handedly.

I thank all the members for your past support and generosity at donating the Advent Competition prize to the children which was much appreciated by all three of them.

I advise everyone reading this to look around them and take stock of their lives and their loved ones. Live life to the full and treat your loved ones the way you want to be treated. Never under estimate just how precious and fragile life can be. Be healthy my friends.

We love and miss her dearly. Goodnight and God bless to our beautiful daughter.

Wiz
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 07:03:19 AM by Wizzo »

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

Re: My Daughter -There Is No Map To The Journey Of Life.
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:42:35 AM »
I am so sorry Wizzo.  I saw your FB share as well.  Our prayers go out to Kelly and those she left behind.  Stay strong for the kids and cherish the memories of Kelly...she'll live long in your heart.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 10:15:28 AM »
Wiz, so sorry to hear that terrible news, my heart goes out all the family but especially to the children for losing their Mum at their young ages.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 01:25:23 PM »
My deepest sympathies to all the family, I have been in the exact situation as Mark, and know how he will be feeling. Time does heal, and hopefully the good memories will be at the forefront.  Never be scared to talk to the kids, don't hide the sadness, they will understand far more than you think and their mother will live on through them. My thoughts are with you all.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 01:29:18 PM »
Deepest sympathy Wiz. Lost my Mom about 9 months ago and I know what a hole that leaves in your heart. All the best to you and your family.
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 01:32:03 PM »
I'm sorry Wiz,this is news I hoped I'd never here
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 02:33:15 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this. Being a father of an adult daughter myself, I can't think of anything worse than the death of a child. For no matter how old they are, they are always our children.

My heart & prayers go out to you & your family. Please know that you have friends around the world who care.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 02:57:07 PM »
My deepest condolences Wizzo.  I can't imagine how difficult this has been.

Enjoy the good that your family brings to the world and celebrate the time you had together.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 11:09:26 PM »
My heartfelt condolence and deepest sympathy to you and all your family Wiz.

A father of four myself I just can't imagine your and your family's heartache from Kelly's passing. Stay strong for the grandkids and son-in-law.

There is not much I can do on a practical level for you and your family, but please let me know if your family nominates a charity for donations in memory of Kelly.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 08:44:09 AM »
Dearest Wizz I have read this with a heavy heart that damned disease knows no bounds and strikes for no known reason. Draw strength from the good wishes and the positive thoughts that are within this thread and the many friends you have. Your daughter may have gone and time will heal the pain of her loss but the memories will stay strong and grow in all the family as they grow.
You, your daughter and her family are in my thoughts.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 11:09:14 AM »
Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words. We are coping one day at a time as a family and we will get through this with a mixture of love and time. It goes without saying the Kelly will always be in our thoughts.

I wasn't going to put a link for any donations but as John has asked then the Mum's at the childrens school are having a 'whip round'. You can see from the initial target to the amount raised just how many lives Kelly had touched. Any donations are welcome but please do not feel obliged to give.

Just Giving Link

Once again thank you everyone.

Wiz

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

guest3164

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 06:01:30 PM »
My deepest sympathies to you Wizzo.  Try to take care of yourself whilst you look after your loved ones.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 08:36:15 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear about this news and I send you all my best wishes during this difficult time.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle