collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 570
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX - 2016  (Read 4256 times)

Offline J.Clark

Re: GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX - 2016
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 11:36:22 AM »
Midfield, after the start was filled with a lot of actual racing, including some overtaking in places that surprised a few I think.
I have to wonder if Kimi may have been able to win the race, if he just had a good start.

Red Bull's performance is obviously up over 2015.

Grosjean and Haas were awesome and it is two races in a row.  Their first actual racing pit stop was great.

Wehrlein was very impressive, and for Manor to be running that high up in the field caught me completely by surprise.

Williams was slower than they should have been.  They were trying a new wing, but it really boiled down to bad decisions on the rubber.  Massa had plenty of softs and putting him on mediums was a really stupid idea.

Impressive debut from Vandoorne to say the very least.  I don't think I can remember a rookie scoring points in his first race.

If this keeps up, even China could be an interesting race. 
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 06:37:44 PM »
I thought it was only me who was immensely enjoying the close race, because I am watching it after quite a while. But as I read other's reaction, I think the credit goes all the team, for making this a brilliant event.

I would like to mention, the poor run from Force India, does give me some question regarding Mercedes's intention to support it customers of the engine. Williams were pushing for upper position, and yet this year there clearly some issues. Also there is the fact that people tends to say, the Ferrari engine gives Haas the edge, but so is same for Sauber, but the difference among these two are startling. I think Haas is a proof, if you have race experience and a good design team, it does not required to be a sitting duck in the back.

Over the years, I was tired of listening to the saying that due to aero designs, as the trailing car gets caught up in the "bad air", close racing is history, but yesterday I was just asking myself, were did all the aero go? And grip the cars had, seemed like endless, also provided some ballsy moves by the drivers.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 07:22:38 PM »
As I have said my least favourite race on the calendar,  but what a surprise!  I really enjoyed most of the race. Well done to the rookies,  rookie team Haas really showing Australia wasn't a one off. And rookie driver Vandoorne, great first race. I wonder if Button or Alonso could have done better.
I have to admit Hamilton did well to bring a damaged car through but maybe should have been brought into the pits to get rid of the hanging bodywork. All in all I think the season is looking like a good one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle