collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 601
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Pirelli Chinese Grand Prix - 2016  (Read 6070 times)

Offline Monty

Re: Pirelli Chinese Grand Prix - 2016
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 10:58:27 AM »
Really annoying that this year's Shanghai GP was much better than last year (since I was there last year but not this year!).
I think (hope) that McLaren got their tyre selections wrong - Button looked like he could be well into the points at one stage.
I think Hamilton drove well to get back into the points. It was a shame that his car damage was killing the tyres - it would have been fun watching him going for more overtakes!
I do not agree that Kvyat did anything wrong. He saw a gap and filled it. He still got the car slowed down and took the corner. He was never posing any risk of damage to Vettel - his trajectory was heading towards where Kimi would have been if Vettel hadn't wiped him out.
Vettel completely overreacted (both in the car, turning sharp left into Kimi; and later when he was trying to cover for his own mistake by blaming Kvyat). I thought Kvyat handled it brilliantly.

Offline Monty

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 01:23:43 PM »
http://planetf1.com/news/vettel-changes-his-tune-after-raikkonen-incident/

Seems that I had read the situation correctly. Seb now accepts it was his own fault.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 08:34:18 PM »
I'm glad that he accepted that he was overreacting.  Hid display after the race was unimpressive and he was in no position to give lectures to Kvyat, who did nothing wrong.  The whole episode reminded me of how Schumacher used to try to deflect attention from himself by laying into other drivers over certain incidents.  I was not impressed.

The first part of the race was action packed and absorbing, but it ran out of steam as things progressed.  I was disappointed with the lack of action in the closing stages, and surprised by the lack of race pace shown by Force India and McLaren, both of which I thought were potential point scorers.  A great performance by Rosberg though.  He's really looking the part so far this season.  Red Bull are also going very well.  So much for Renault's engine being terrible.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle