collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 365
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Rosberg's fault - and it was dangerous!  (Read 9875 times)

Offline Jericoke

Re: Rosberg's fault - and it was dangerous!
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 06:08:04 PM »
No no Jeri.  There was more to it than that.  Lewis had a hand in the entire Dennis Whitmarsh falling out, and I believe he owes Ron Dennis far more than he contributed to Mclaren.  Sponsoring and supporting him for more than 5 years before he was ready to take on the Mclaren seat, plus Lewis had a little something to do with the Alonso departure, which cost the team a boatload of money at the end of the day, along with a tarnished reputation. 

In my opinion Lewis owes Mclaren his entire career.

Obviously we can debate the minutiae, but any trouble between Hamilton and Alonso I would stick on Fernando, he was supposed to be the veteran helping the rookie.  Even if Lewis did everything 100% wrong, Alonso was the one who sulked to the media and left.

The McLaren team that Lewis left wasn't the team that he'd joined.  If they truly were responsible for his career, wouldn't it be a betrayal to throw it away just to stick by a team in chaos?  There are some drivers who can save a team, but Hamilton is not one of those.  Staying with McLaren wouldn't have helped them, nor would it have helped him.  It probably would have hurt them both.  We've seen other teams hang onto drivers who were a poor fit and suffer for it.

Offline Scott

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2016, 07:20:54 PM »
Obviously we can debate the minutiae, but any trouble between Hamilton and Alonso I would stick on Fernando, he was supposed to be the veteran helping the rookie.  Even if Lewis did everything 100% wrong, Alonso was the one who sulked to the media and left.

The McLaren team that Lewis left wasn't the team that he'd joined.  If they truly were responsible for his career, wouldn't it be a betrayal to throw it away just to stick by a team in chaos?  There are some drivers who can save a team, but Hamilton is not one of those.  Staying with McLaren wouldn't have helped them, nor would it have helped him.  It probably would have hurt them both.  We've seen other teams hang onto drivers who were a poor fit and suffer for it.

You're right, we can argue the details for ages, but I think it is fair to say that Hamilton had a hand in those changes at Mclaren.  I think it is also fair to say that without Dennis's support from the tender age of 14, it is highly unlikely that Hamilton would have made it to F1 on his own.  Simply based on that, I would say he still owes Mclaren far more than he has contributed.  IMHO
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Bells

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2016, 04:13:34 PM »
When truly good racing drivers race, they know the dangers and show each other respect.  They do not deliberately run each other off the track and, of course, this is not the first time Rosberg has done this to Hamilton.  Although Rosberg is happy to do it to Lewis, it appears he is not happy when Lewis does it back?  They are racing, Rosberg made the pass on Lewis and Lewis didn't run into him - he showed respect with intent to pass fairly.  The accident happened because Rosberg showed no fairness in his driving, win by any means?  Lewis was trying to avoid contact but Rosberg knew what he was running Lewis into - grass and wall; surely he did not expect Lewis to break and let him in as if it were a main road junction when he knew he was slower at that time?   I will have to re-check the rules because I thought such manoeuvres were not legal off the racing line, which they most blatantly were.  Even so, it may be right to protect your line but is it right to cause such a dangerous accident that could put lives in danger and by only sheer luck by being off the racing line, no other vehicles were involved.  To me it shows just how desperate Rosberg is and what lengths he is prepared to go to, to beat Lewis.  If it had been Lewis who made this manoeuvre, what would his punishment have been I wonder?  So in response to post; I agree, as does every other person I have spoken to which is a large amount of people, it was definitely Rosberg's fault; I believe caused by his desperation to keep Lewis at bay because he knows when Lewis is in front and he has a good car beneath him, Rosberg cannot get by him. 

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2016, 06:28:45 PM »
I see this incidence as racing, because a driver thought there was a gap where he could make the move, while the other one in front thought he had to defend his position. Either of them could have backed off, they would have a whole race to fight for, but instead none of them did it, and inevitably a collision happened.

Had Rosberg closed the door if Lewis was along side him, surely it would have been deemed as dangerous and he would have been penalized. But Lewis was not running alongside him, Lewis was behind, and had Lewis dabbed at the break before committig himself for the gap, he could be still in the race. No one can blame Lewis for going for it, but it would be harsh to put the blame solely on the Rosberg shoulder.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2016, 12:24:45 AM »
The much idolized Senna won his first WDC by quite deliberately crashing into Prost at Suzuka. He said he would do it and freely admitted it after. Yet he kept his WDC and is widely regarded by those newer to the sport as the best ever (though not by me). Though I feel that Nico was legitimately protecting his line, if one of the best ever can defend his WDC by deliberately causing a crash, why can't Nico?
Lonny

Offline Andy B

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2016, 01:36:30 AM »
I agree with Ik to a point, Nico is not the first to do it and besides Senna/Prost there's Schumacher/Hill and probably more so not being penalised does not make it right and maybe the governing bodies decided to let Mercedes sort it in house whereas if it had been two teams rather than one I feel the outcome would have been quite different especially considering some of the things drivers have recently been penalised for.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2016, 07:03:59 PM »
The much idolized Senna won his first WDC by quite deliberately crashing into Prost at Suzuka. He said he would do it and freely admitted it after. Yet he kept his WDC and is widely regarded by those newer to the sport as the best ever (though not by me). Though I feel that Nico was legitimately protecting his line, if one of the best ever can defend his WDC by deliberately causing a crash, why can't Nico?

Senna did deliberately crashed into Prost in 1990 season, to won his second WDC, because the year before Prost was rewarded for doing exactly the same thing in the same track, and Senna was penalized for one of the most ridiculous reasons I have ever came across. What Prost did to Senna in the Casio chicane would make look Rosberg an angel. I am not defending Senna, I am just laying out the circumstances why and how Senna got away with hitting his rival more than 100mph and walk away as winner. If the incident in '89 had not happened, more likely the '90 would have never occured. But I do agree with Andy that the governing body has let go such incidents time after time for this reason or another.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle