collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 343
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Verstappen takes Kyvat Red Bull F1 seat from next race  (Read 8119 times)

Online Jericoke

Re: Verstappen takes Kyvat Red Bull F1 seat from next race
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 08:12:42 PM »
Although not mentioned in the article, I think there is strong evidence that Marko supports drivers that he likes (irrespective of outright talent). However, there is also evidence that Marko stops liking people very easily.

Couldn't agree more, look how Alguersuari got pushed out by Marko after 2011 season that saw him getting better and better. Apparently Jaime got in Vettel's way and held him up in a session - Marko blew his top.

Even at the top, who you know matters as much as what you can do.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 11:07:30 AM »
I think that Marko has treated Kyvat in a very shoddy manner, in much the same way as he has had many an acerbic word for previous Red Bull/Toro Rosso drivers when they have fallen out of favour.  I don't like the way he operates and I don't like the way he manages drivers.  The change also really has nothing to do with Kyvat's performance at Sochi, rather it has everything to do with ensuring that Verstappen doesn't sign for another team.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 03:06:34 PM »
Can't see wwhat everyone else sees in Verstappen. Yes he's good, but he's also immature and hasn't really surpassed his team mate  Sainz by much so far. Marko is an idiot with an exaggerated ego. Bah!  >:D
Lonny

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 06:28:36 PM »
Marko is a rich man with very different toys and he is just playing with them. When he gets sick of it then out it goes and he gets a new one.

Online Dare

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2016, 05:01:27 PM »
I think when that rock cost Marko is eye it also had a side effect
of a chip on his shoulder.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Irisado

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 03:50:45 PM »
I think that Marko has outfoxed all of us who were dubious about this decision, so I'm going to take my hat off to him and say that I've underestimated Verstappen's ability under pressure.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2016, 04:36:00 PM »
One good race isn't enough for a judgement, as we can attest with Maldonado.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2016, 09:17:56 PM »
Totally agree.  I'll wait to the end of the season before I call him a mature driver.  Until now I've seen some rookie mistakes and find him too impatient and entitled.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2016, 10:51:46 PM »
The way I heard the tale told, Max and his race engineer (Xevi Pujolar) fell out with Franz Tost over tyre choices on the eve of the Chinese Grand Prix, which pretty much forced Red Bull's hand. Either it had to take Max on or he'd have left (either because he'd have walked out or because Franz would have kicked him out). Red Bull decided to promote Max and had to engineer an excuse to make it happen...

In other words, Max won the race due to immaturity at the previous one. That left a sour taste in my mouth.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2016, 09:46:40 AM »
Some handy left field info there Alia. :good:   Certainly explains the departure of Xevi at precisely the time Max moves up. 

Appears Franz's job is a lot harder than we all supposed when he can't just fire mechanics...... or delinquent adolescents on the spot. :D

Wonder how the Sainz camp views this whole episode? Seems nice guys usually lose out in F1.  ::)
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Jericoke

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2016, 03:03:23 PM »
The way I heard the tale told, Max and his race engineer (Xevi Pujolar) fell out with Franz Tost over tyre choices on the eve of the Chinese Grand Prix, which pretty much forced Red Bull's hand. Either it had to take Max on or he'd have left (either because he'd have walked out or because Franz would have kicked him out). Red Bull decided to promote Max and had to engineer an excuse to make it happen...

In other words, Max won the race due to immaturity at the previous one. That left a sour taste in my mouth.

I don't know about immaturity.  If you can't trust the people running the team, there's no sense wasting your time.  He's hardly the first race winner to quit the team that gave him his 'big break' because the team couldn't match his level.  He's just the first that actually allowed a 'promotion' (as far as I know)

Online Dare

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2016, 10:42:25 PM »
Tost was the reason Scott Speed left too if I remember but in that
case Tost punched him.Speed should have beat the holy crap out of him.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2016, 12:10:35 AM »
Tost was the reason Scott Speed left too if I remember but in that
case Tost punched him.Speed should have beat the holy crap out of him.

Or Red Bull should have offered him a guaranteed race seat in return for not punching him...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online cosworth151

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2016, 12:17:13 PM »
Speed should have beat the holy crap out of him.

If Speed beat the crap out of Todt, the only thing left would be an overpriced designer suit.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 11:36:01 PM »
One good race isn't enough for a judgement, as we can attest with Maldonado.

I agree, up to a point, but he has already demonstrated much more consistency and raw speed than Maldonado ever did.

His attitude and sulky behaviour when things go wrong do count against him, but in terms of on track performance, he's clearly right up there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle