collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 495
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 17460 times)

Offline Scott

Brexit
« on: June 24, 2016, 07:48:34 AM »
 :'( :'( :'(

...but coming from a country that was wise enough to never join, I kinda see where you're coming from.  And for any of you who want to occasionally visit the EU, we have rooms available in a neutral region with great access to much of the EU. ;)

I see your money is worthless this morning, but we accept gold.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:51:04 AM by Scott »

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

Re: Brexit
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 01:57:40 PM »
Don't worry Scott, it'll bounce back even better now we're free of the corrupt, despotic and bloated money grabbing regime in Brussels.  :P
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:18:34 PM »
Don't worry Scott, it'll bounce back even better now we're free of the corrupt, despotic and bloated money grabbing regime in Brussels.  :P

Certainly the EU parliament needed a kick in the shins/nuts/head and needs a major re-do, but it would be shame if it now collapses across the board with all the nationalistic groups opposing it.  Hope not, but hey, I'm just a spectator.

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 02:49:05 PM »
And as a added bonus Cameron is resigning
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 02:53:06 PM »
We never did join the EU Scott, we were bamboozled into the Common Market by Heath.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 02:55:16 PM »
This was the first thing I read about it this morning:

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 04:11:45 PM »
We never did join the EU Scott, we were bamboozled into the Common Market by Heath.

If you never joined, what's all the ruckus about? 

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 04:33:26 PM »
Sorry Scott, I meant to say that we were led into the beginning of the EU and it was compounded without a choice by the lying toerag Blair.

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 05:07:52 PM »
I came across this (sorry for the crappy formatting).  Pretty dire...to me it seems Britain's problems weren't really with the EU, but more among its own.  There's a growing FB group with Brits pledging to move to Australia, but somehow I don't think Australia will let more than a few trickle in. 

Do you want Boris as your PM?  He used to be pretty funny, but less so these days.

Online Jericoke

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 08:00:33 PM »
I assume this will have very real impacts on F1, given how much of the sport is based in England, while many suppliers are spread across the EU.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 01:57:55 AM »
I assume this will have very real impacts on F1, given how much of the sport is based in England, while many suppliers are spread across the EU.

As to that, it looks like Bernie stands to make a tidy little $180 million off of it.That might even make Ian regret it.  ;)

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/brexit-vote-could-be-180-million-boost-formula-one
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2016, 07:31:32 AM »
Cos, Jeri, I'm not gonna get political here, but would the USA or Canada allow another country to dictate to them the size and shape of certain fruits or the power of a vacuum cleaner to them, because that's what we have to put up with, thanks to a spineless government. End of  ::)

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 01:01:36 PM »
I see their calling for a revote now.Just like Amer politics
if you can't win fair then go the other route.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 02:52:12 PM »
IMO any vote with less than 5% difference should be re-visited.  And especially in this case I am all for an 'Are you sure?  Are you really, really sure?' 2nd vote.  The implications are massive.

I know the US is simply bizarre that way...most votes come down to 50.5-49.5%  How the electorate is split so precisely down the middle is amazing, but it's not healthy that so many people vote the same way regardless of what has happened in a campaign.  There should be a much larger group of swing voters who pay attention to the issues and candidates and vote accordingly instead of just how they or their parents always have voted. 

Offline Ian

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 07:37:26 PM »
It'll probably go the way of the Irish referendum, you'll keep voting until it goes the way WE (EU & the Government ) want.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle