collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 486
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The British Grand Prix 2016  (Read 11981 times)

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: The British Grand Prix 2016
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2016, 01:45:31 PM »
Just make the curbs dangerous enough to cause harm of the floor panel if you get all four wheels on them. Let's see who have the audacity of running wide. And not all the corners, just where do you think it requires. I think Singapore did employed it brilliantly.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2016, 05:58:30 PM »
Or the suspension...that seems to work too. ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2016, 08:13:18 PM »
Light one each time a driver has 4 wheels cross a white line. 4 lights during the race weekend and confirmed as avoidable by the driver in question means a penalty - and if it happens during qualifying, stewards would be sent a timestamp for each violation so they can check and penalise quickly
This would be the safest solution and therefore has a lot of merit but I would hate the likelihood that penalties may still be imposed after the end of the race...

I am not especially picky as to what the penalty is - the penalty could probably be very light, so long as it is penalised promptly, the penalty is declared (so not done as Technical Briefing AH-1348965...) and everyone is treated equally. The problem is that while there is a decent chance of bad driving being flat ignored, practically any penalty will not suffice to contain the problem.

If I had to declare a favoured choice of penalty (assuming it's not a track where the punishment is automatic such as Monaco), I'd be in favour of a drive-through on the fourth light appearing, unless the stewards can see there was something improper about one or more incident that means that one or more of the lights was unfairly awarded. I'd allow three fully-green-flag laps or six minutes (with a fully-green-lap being worth two minutes, in case of incidents near the end of the race) for stewards to decide on an exemption, with the light confirmed if no exemption is given... ...and the penalty formally being issued at the end of that period. I do not think it is unreasonable to have six-minute gaps between the qualifying sessions, or between race end and the podium in a regular race. (I would see Race Control's informing of the stewards of any problems as an automated process, so the possibility of Race Control being otherwise occupied at race end should not be a problem, and in-race larger problems would be covered by laps involving yellow flags not being counted - when those happen near the end of the race, it's rarely an issue if these get further investigation post-podium).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2016, 10:24:56 AM »
That race was quite exciting, but it could have been a lot more engaging and edge of the seat stuff had they pulled the safety car in three laps earlier.  It stayed out for far too long and ruined the racing spectacle of the first part of the Grand Prix.

Hamilton drove well to win and there were some entertaining battles further back, along with a much higher number of driver errors than usual, but the race just lacked that spark which it could have had, leaving me somewhat underwhelmed.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle