collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 273
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Experiences wanted.  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Andy B

Experiences wanted.
« on: November 21, 2016, 02:45:38 AM »
Hi, I'm planning a trip next year which will take me close to two GP's so would like to hear of anyone's experiences or advice on the Italian GP and the Malaysian GP. I've nothing booked yet as there are no tickets available till they have confirmed the races which I believe is on the 30th November.

Thanks.

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Monty

Re: Experiences wanted.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 04:01:47 PM »
Can't offer a lot of help. I have done MotoGP at Sepang. The track is very close to the Airport but quite a long way out of KL.
Excellent facilities - worth paying for a Grandstand. As far as I could see they were all good but the view from 'ground level' is poor.
When in KL obviously the Petronus Towers is a good visit but the KL Tower is much cheaper and although the tower isn't very high, it is on a hill so views are fantastic. Try to visit the Government area and especially the Government mosque.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:03:27 PM by monty »

Offline Andy B

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 08:55:38 PM »
Thanks Monty I was thinking of a grandstand seat as if its not raining in buckets its burning hot. The tourist tips are appreciated too.

Offline BraydenSoh

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 07:26:25 PM »
Hi, I'm planning a trip next year which will take me close to two GP's so would like to hear of anyone's experiences or advice on the Italian GP and the Malaysian GP. I've nothing booked yet as there are no tickets available till they have confirmed the races which I believe is on the 30th November.

Thanks.

I am planning to visit Malaysia GP next year too! Never been there for F1 but I've been to KL for quite a few times. There is not alot of options for hotels near the circuit so be sure to book early and if you require a rough gauge of how much the tickets would cost, here's the prices for 2016 direct from the circuit website: https://www.sepangcircuit.com/ticketing/2016-formula-1-malaysia-grand-prix-official-tick/2016-formula-1-malaysia-grand-prix-off

There are plenty of malls if you like to shop. One place you should definitely visit is the batu cave!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:29:21 PM by BraydenSoh »
'The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed.' - Mahatma Gandhi

guest3164

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »
I went to Monza a couple of years ago with my girlfriend, what would you like to know?  We stayed in Central Milan and absorbed the atmosphere, it was great- loads of people and a couple of shops had F1 cars on display (Obviously the Ferrari store and also a Mercedes Benz shop).  Great city to spend a few days and there is very convenient transport to Monza by train from where you can walk easily to the track.  Lovely place as well, so peaceful until you get to the track.  We sat at the Parabolica which had a great view of the cars going at pretty decent speed and we could see when they were going into the pits.  The Tifosi were great fun and helped me immensely when I got stuck trying to get back over the barrier after the post race track invasion  :D

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 09:48:23 PM »
I met Scott at Monza in 2010, had a great weekend, Scott walked me round a lot the circuit and we got chased off the old banking. Iwas sat on the Laterale Parabolica, right on the breaking point, helluva good sight and sound point. As WF said, the Tifosi are great, plenty of banter. If you want to walk from Monza station to the track leave plenty of time although you can get a free bus from the station.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 10:10:27 PM »
Thank's guy's all useful information, we are looking at staying at Lake Como and driving in as its a family group with only two of us going to the GP so if you have any idea on parking that would help also if you went back which stand would you book?

I have read that due to poor numbers the Malaysian GP will run to the end of contract in 2018 and that's it so I'm aiming to get there too as it's likely to disappear. I have booked a hotel in town, I go to the GP and my wife shops, which states its 45 minutes to the circuit.

Thanks again for your help.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle