collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 336
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Zak Brown New Head of McLaren  (Read 3034 times)

Offline cosworth151

Zak Brown New Head of McLaren
« on: November 22, 2016, 12:14:17 PM »
The other shoe has fallen. Zak Brown has been named Executive Director of McLaren Technology Group. The former chief executive of the CSM sport marketing and entertainment group will replace Ron Dennis.

Big, big shoes to fill.

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/inside-the-mtc/mclaren-technology-group-announcement/

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steve A.

Re: Zak Brown New Head of McLaren
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 12:44:37 PM »
It will be interesting to see how Mclaren develope from now. They are on the up at the moment but will it continue,  will car development be lost in a disorganised team.  Roll on next year.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 01:47:16 PM »

Like everyone else I'm sorry to see Ron side lined, however I'm guessing Zak will not have the same day to day hands on with the race team as Ron. The appointment of Jost Capito alongside/above Boullier by Ron earlier in the year should mean that the F1 race team functions more like other big teams with all the design, build and trackside operations at arms length from the main parent board.

This may even be a good thing as it should refocus the efforts of the F1 team on to satisfying targets set by others. I'm starting to form the opinion that maybe Ron was too close to the day to day F1 operation that he was unable to successfully delegate enough of the responsibility for team members to step up and own, let alone solve, awkward and long standing problems.   

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 05:35:02 PM »
There were some reports that had mentioned Brown as a possible replacement for Bernie. It looks like that's not on now.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 02:18:25 PM »
I just heard on NBC's FP2 broadcast that Mobil 1 will be leaving McLaren after many years of sponsorship. That's going to put a dent in the budget.
― Bob Dylan

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 09:42:29 PM »
Interesting that Dennis and Mobil are leaving at the same time.

I heard or read something about Brown having initially agreeing to working with Ron Dennis for a significant amount of time to get a perspective of the relationship to the team and how it all fits together.  This seems to indicate that Ron is leaving and Zak will be taking over without any overlap.  Dennis still owns something like 25% of the team too, so how will that work?

It will be different.
How it will server McLaren remains to be seen.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 09:15:19 AM »
I can see Dennis back in charge by next season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle