collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 173
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13028 Posts
John S John S
11302 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: MV nominated for FIA 'Action of the Year'  (Read 3423 times)

Offline Scott

MV nominated for FIA 'Action of the Year'
« on: November 20, 2016, 11:47:05 AM »
What a stupid, all encompassing name for what should simply be the 'Pass of the Year'.  It was a nice move, but I would have to review the race highlights to necessarily agree with it.

http://www.grandprixtimes.com/news/id/13287?

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

Re: MV nominated for FIA 'Action of the Year'
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 11:55:14 PM »
Should be lucky I didn't cause a crash award
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 12:38:23 PM »
No matter how we might feel about them, Max's actions did generate excitement all season.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 03:10:05 PM »
What a stupid, all encompassing name for what should simply be the 'Pass of the Year'.  It was a nice move, but I would have to review the race highlights to necessarily agree with it.

http://www.grandprixtimes.com/news/id/13287?

A move of the year doesn't have to be a pass.  An exceptional defensive move would be eligible (nothing comes to mind, but it doesn't have to be a pass)

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 07:30:17 PM »
Nothing comes to mind because racing is all about passing (unless you start from the lead, and that wouldn't really be considered an 'action'). 

I guess action of the year could be crash of the year, but then I would give that one to Alonso probably.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 08:06:48 PM »
I think I'd nominate Lewis's attempt to back Nico into Seb & Max at Abu Dhabi last Sunday. It added excitement to a race that badly needed some & certainly has a lot of people talking about it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:30:00 PM by cosworth151 »
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 08:18:09 PM »
Nothing comes to mind because racing is all about passing (unless you start from the lead, and that wouldn't really be considered an 'action'). 

I guess action of the year could be crash of the year, but then I would give that one to Alonso probably.

We've seen two cars enter a series of corners, and the trailing car appears to have the advantage after two or three turns, but the leading car remains in the lead.  I simply meant I couldn't think of example of that off hand, I know we've seen it though:  professional wheel to wheel driving where lesser drivers would crash, back off or use an escape road.   There is no pass, but very exciting anyway.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 10:18:38 PM »

I feel Rosberg should be considered for his pass on Max in the Abu Dhabi race, that took half a lap to get done and ensured that Nico would not get jumped by Riccardo and Vettel in his later pit stop.

Perhaps it was not just luck that crowned Rosberg as WDC after all.   ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle