collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 517
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bottas visits Mercedes before Christmas  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Andy B

Bottas visits Mercedes before Christmas
« on: January 01, 2017, 05:20:35 AM »
So it seems the deal is nearly done, theres no better way to proves a drivers worth that pitting them against the best in equal machinery!
Do you think VB is up to the job?
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127595/bottas-visits-mercedes-base-as-deal-nears
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 11:36:09 PM by Andy B »

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Dare

Re: Bottas visits Mercedes before Christmas
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 03:18:11 PM »
This is going to be interesting  :o   If Bottas is looking for a friendly
working environment he's at the wrong place.He'll probably get a few
wins but I look for Lewis to reclaim his title[hope I'm wrong]
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 03:48:49 PM »
Bottas had moments of brilliance at Williams, but in my mind he didn't stand out as a driver on the edge very often.  I would be surprised if he had the measure of Lewis. 

I still say Wehrlein would have been a better choice...a small gamble, but a better choice.

That said, I like Bottas and I hope he does well.  And I think Lewis will do everything he can to make Bottas time at Mercedes a nightmare.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 11:35:28 PM »
I think you do Lewis an injustice as I do not believe he is any different to all the other drivers except he insists that they have equal machinery. I think that whoever gets the seat is going to have a tough time as remember what JB said "people do not realise just how quick Lewis is" and that was while they were both at McLaren and getting on fine.
Its going to be interesting and as I said they'll have to prove their worth!

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 08:42:06 AM »
No no, I don't think Lewis has much understanding of what team and teammate even mean...it's much more than simply getting the same machinery.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 03:23:50 PM »
No no, I don't think Lewis has much understanding of what team and teammate even mean...it's much more than simply getting the same machinery.

This will be Lewis's first  time as being the 'old guy' on the team.  (Yes, he's older than Rosberg, but not by much, and Rosberg was the incumbent on the team.)

I agree, it probably won't change his approach much, but who knows?  He might decide to become a mentor. 

Offline ChrisCurtis

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 06:41:16 PM »
For me, Bottas is the probably the best of the drivers Mercedes could prise out of a contract at this stage. It's fair to say that if Alonso, Vettel or Verstappen had been available, Bottas wouldn't have got a look in. I think Mercedes have gone for a Ferrari Schumacher / Massa style partnership, a completely dominant lead driver with the other driver good enough to pick up second and help secure the constructor's title but without ever really threatening the lead.

We have to hope Red Bull and Ferrari pick up their pace in 2017 so that other teams can challenge Hamilton for the win.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:40:16 PM by ChrisCurtis »

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 07:11:57 PM »
For me, Bottas is the probably the best of the drivers Mercedes could prise out of a contract at this stage. It's fair to say that if Alonso, Vettel or Vestappen had been available abort as wouldn't have got a look in. I think Mercedes have gone for a Ferrari Schumacher / Massa style partnership, a completely dominant lead driver with the other driver good enough to pick up second and help secure the constructor's title but without ever really threatening the lead.

We have to hope Red Bull and Ferrari pick up their pace in 2017 so that other teams can challenge Hamilton for the win.

Merc already thought they had that relationship with Schumacher-Rosberg and then Hamilton-Rosberg, but this year apparently lady luck and Rosberg spoiled the show  :D :D

I'm counting on the new engine rules to open up the competition and am hoping Ricciardo takes it to Merc and Ferrari both.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 08:40:21 PM »
I'm hoping for a great year of competitive racing and entertainment and seeing the best driver win the WC so I'm pleased the team principles agree with me on who that is!  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle