collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 278
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: The worst car I ever drove  (Read 4801 times)

Offline Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: The worst car I ever drove
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 01:45:10 PM »
I thought it was a funny story until I read about the steering rack at Spa. That would have been the time to grab the biggest, heaviest wrench (spanner) in the pit box & go looking for whomever ordered that.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 09:17:53 PM »
I remember reading about his experience in an old issue of Autosport from many years ago.

Andrea Moda ties with Life for the record of the worst Formula 1 Team of all time in my opinion.  It should be noted, however, that Moreno did qualify the Andrea Moda-Judd for the 1992 Monaco Grand Prix, while Life never made it out of pre-qualifying.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 11:46:04 PM »
I thought it was a funny story until I read about the steering rack at Spa. That would have been the time to grab the biggest, heaviest wrench (spanner) in the pit box & go looking for whomever ordered that.

He might have done, but the police got there first - or had in my recollection, which appears to be wrong.

I can only assume that Perry was so fed up that he decided that getting far, far away from these fools was more important than giving any of them the one-two.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:51:11 PM by Alianora La Canta »
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 12:30:33 AM »
Well come on chaps what was the worst car YOU have ever driven?
Having spent some time as a apprentice working in a garages I was working for a Skoda dealer and when the Octacia was one of their models it was vintage 1968. They wondered all over the road and it you lent on the wing you'd go through it. A terrible car.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Irisado

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 10:55:59 AM »
He might have done, but the police got there first - or had in my recollection, which appears to be wrong.

There was going to be an altercation too, according to my memory, from an article I read many years ago about McCarthy's time at Andrea Moda, so you're not alone.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 11:05:46 AM »
My Mother-In-Law's Subaru 2005 Impreza - a piece of turd.  Drives anywhere but straight, no guts, no glory, no backseat room.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 02:59:12 PM »
Worst car I ever drove was an early mini, I know they're an iconic motor but I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 09:28:25 PM »
1999  Chevy Malibu...front wheel bearing would go out every 2 years
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 10:37:39 PM »
Here is a list of the all time worst cars in the UK. Anybody ever owned any of these?

1. REVA G-Wiz
2. Austin Allegro
3. Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible
4. SsangYong Rodius
5. Alfa Romeo Arna
6. Rover CityRover
7. Morris Marina
8. Reliant Robin
9. FSO Polonez
10. Vauxhall Frontera

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 12:15:23 AM »
Here is a list of the all time worst cars in the UK. Anybody ever owned any of these?

1. REVA G-Wiz
2. Austin Allegro
3. Chrysler PT Cruiser Convertible
4. SsangYong Rodius
5. Alfa Romeo Arna
6. Rover CityRover
7. Morris Marina
8. Reliant Robin
9. FSO Polonez
10. Vauxhall Frontera

Wiz

Owned tham...I've never heard of most them.

I'd like to put my 68 Fiat 850 Coupe and my 62 Renault Dauphine as honorable worst car mention

Offline Andy B

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 02:19:41 AM »
My Ford Mk1 Cortina 1500cc needs a mention too it used to eat cam followers and the Ford Corsair V4 that used to like cooking itself so the teeny weeny heads warped. I still don't like fords!
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 04:47:23 AM »
If you're an ancient 'Murican like me and Cos, you may remember when the USPS had mini Jeeps as delivery vehicles. That was easily the worst vehicle I have ever driven. The steering was so vague you sort of aimed it and waited for it to change directions, then aimed it again. Super stiff to take the load, deafening noise, no A/C (When it's 105 outside and you get out of your truck to cool off, well...). Just awful.
Lonny

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 10:22:15 AM »
I used to love my old Mk1 Cortina 1500 Andy, never really had any trouble with it, and boy did it love fast bendy country lanes.  :P
Had a Marina Wiz, not too impressed with it.
Strangest one I had was a Datsun Bluebird, if you never pulled the choke right out as you switched it off it was a jump start before it would go again.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 12:48:24 PM »
The worst thing I ever drove was a Geo Metro. In the rest of the world, it's a 3 popper Suzuki Swift. A very bad general manager at our company got some for the service department. It wouldn't climb many of the hills around here with the A/C on - just not enough power. The driver side window mechanism broke & jammed the inside door handle. Bad enough that the inside handle wouldn't work, but you couldn't even roll down the window to use the outside one to get out!

The worst one I ever owned was a 1978 Caddy Sedan de Ville. It was about 4 months old when I won it in a poker game. Slabs of ugly light yellow paint the size of my hand had already started coming off. I turned on the radio one time & the power antenna came up. And up. And up. It went completely out of the fender and dangled from a fiberglass lanyard, beating even more ugly light yellow paint off the side of the car.

Sometimes, for no reason, the windshield wipers would stop working & park themselves. I would have to get out & short two terminals on a wiring box on the firewall (usually in a pouring down rain) to get them to work. How did I know to do that? It seems that most of them did it & the work around was well known!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle