collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 574
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Williams in Good Finacial State  (Read 2731 times)

Offline cosworth151

Williams in Good Finacial State
« on: December 30, 2016, 09:38:35 PM »
Claire Williams says the team is in its best financial shape in a decade.

"Yes, our financial health is probably much stronger than it's been for a long time, probably for 10 years. Not just for the numbers that you see on the results but actually throughout the organization. We've got a very strong CFO in place that we've had since 2014 that has advanced us probably by a decade when it comes to financial accounting and reporting and making sure we've got all the processes within the organization right."

The team has many fans throughout the world, and many here at GP Wizard. I'm one of them. I hope she's right.

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/137411-f1-williams-has-best-financial-base-in-10-years

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steve A.

Re: Williams in Good Finacial State
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 10:43:31 PM »
Great news for Williams,  love having the team on the grid,  a great heritage

Offline Andy B

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 07:25:39 AM »
As I visited the UK earlier in the year and was staying near Didcot I thought I would contact Williams and ask about visiting the teams HQ even if it was just into reception and when I had not received a reply I mailed them again and received a reply saying that due to number of mails they receive they could not reply to them all. I was quite disappointed in this and it boiled down to ignoring me when how difficult would it be to send a preformed email to a supporter of the team.
They maybe in great shape financially but not morally.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 12:44:58 PM »
As I visited the UK earlier in the year and was staying near Didcot I thought I would contact Williams and ask about visiting the teams HQ even if it was just into reception and when I had not received a reply I mailed them again and received a reply saying that due to number of mails they receive they could not reply to them all. I was quite disappointed in this and it boiled down to ignoring me when how difficult would it be to send a preformed email to a supporter of the team.
They maybe in great shape financially but not morally.

You need to change the subject line to 'Seeking sponsorship agreement - Coca Cola' or something similar  ;) ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 07:06:34 PM »
 :DD :DD :DD

They need an IT person as good as their CFO it seems.
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 10:46:23 PM »
Is Claire saying this CFO has found ways of saving tax, or is it that they just didn't know how much money they were making? :confused:

A finance officer (or accountant) can't usually earn you money - but they can reduce taxes, speed and terms of payment to suppliers, along with collecting monies owed more quickly. Spend less, earn more and keep more - it's that simple really.  :D   
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle