collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 379
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2017 Sauber C36  (Read 4810 times)

Offline cosworth151

2017 Sauber C36
« on: February 20, 2017, 01:25:14 PM »
I like Sauber's 25 Years in F1 theme. I hope they can fine somebody who pay to put their name on those blank white side panels.

The more I see of the lower rear wings, the more I like them. They also have a very interesting split air intake design.

They are listing it as a Sauber C36-Ferarri. It looks like the rumors of the power plant carrying Alfa Romeo badging weren't on the mark.

http://www.sauberf1team.com/race-cars/sauber-c36-ferrari

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

Re: 2017 Sauber C36
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 05:06:03 PM »
I like the low rear wings and fatter tires as well. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 02:00:07 AM »
I see the bloody shark fins are back though.  ::)  Wonder how many more will be sporting those?
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 05:49:20 AM »
2016 spec Ferrari engine, that is the recipe to ensure they will end up in the last place. Last year only in the penaltimate race they pipped Manor, who is not here anymore. Their cars were struggling althrough the season. And surely Renault will be pushing further ahead, so who will they beat to stay ahead? None in my opinion, and hence they will not be able to attarct better investors, we have seen it time and time again, the demise of a team.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
2016 spec Ferrari engine, that is the recipe to ensure they will end up in the last place. Last year only in the penaltimate race they pipped Manor, who is not here anymore. Their cars were struggling althrough the season. And surely Renault will be pushing further ahead, so who will they beat to stay ahead? None in my opinion, and hence they will not be able to attarct better investors, we have seen it time and time again, the demise of a team.

I think being allowed to purposefully sell inferior equipment to your 'competitors' makes a mockery of the sport.  It's not a cost saving measure, it's not like Ferrari has a massive backlog of 2016 engines just sitting on a shelf, they still have to be manufactured.

(And if they do have  a warehouse full of unused engines, they shouldn't be rewarded for breaking the spirit of the 'cost cutting' philosophy behind the engine rules!)

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 05:55:30 PM »
2016 spec Ferrari engine, that is the recipe to ensure they will end up in the last place.

I think being allowed to purposefully sell inferior equipment to your 'competitors' makes a mockery of the sport.  It's not a cost saving measure, it's not like Ferrari has a massive backlog of 2016 engines just sitting on a shelf, they still have to be manufactured.

(And if they do have  a warehouse full of unused engines, they shouldn't be rewarded for breaking the spirit of the 'cost cutting' philosophy behind the engine rules!)

Totally agree.  It just makes a joke of the sport. 

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 08:32:33 PM »
2016 spec Ferrari engine, that is the recipe to ensure they will end up in the last place.

Always been race what you can get in F1, how else would we have ended up with such a litany of inferior engines over the years.

- Anyone for a Supertec, Motori Moderni, Life, Petronas, Mecachrome, Playlife, or any such exotically named out of date engine?  :tease:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 02:24:54 AM »

Always been race what you can get in F1, how else would we have ended up with such a litany of inferior engines over the years.

- Anyone for a Supertec, Motori Moderni, Life, Petronas, Mecachrome, Playlife, or any such exotically named out of date engine?  :tease:

6 reasons why they created the modern rules so that all teams would have access to affordable state of the art engines.

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 06:51:16 AM »
I see the bloody shark fins are back though.  ::)  Wonder how many more will be sporting those?

I wonder if it wasn't a marketing compromise for losing ad space on the rear wing.  I think they will all have it.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 12:48:11 PM »
The shark fins have become standard on LMP1 & LMP2 cars for several years now. I actually like them.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline ChrisCurtis

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 01:49:21 PM »
Best looking Sauber for a long time. I hope their efforts are rewarded.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle