collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 360
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Manor not dead and buried yet!  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Andy B

Manor not dead and buried yet!
« on: February 25, 2017, 01:02:21 AM »
Or so it seems I have just read the paragraph below from the Sky F1 web site and I just hope that its true as 11 is better than 10.

"There is still hope for Manor F1 in 2017, according to Sky Sports News HQ's Craig Slater.

The team ceased trading after administrators failed to find a buyer for the outfit, but Craig reports that administrators are deferring their decision.

"Talks have been ongoing over the last couple of weeks with a party that would seek to buy the team," he says. "And that has meant that the administrators, who are in charge of the factory and the cars, have deferred any kind of auction or sale of all of those goods until they are sure that either they can go ahead with this sale or that it's not going to come to pass."

Manor could enter the campaign as late as the Spanish GP, though they may have to use an old chassis if they really were to return."

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Manor not dead and buried yet!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 08:10:40 AM »
I live in hope :) (At a guess, FRP remember last time, when they got auctions set up and were 5 days away from completing the last one when a rescuer completed a deal for the team...)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 12:22:04 AM »
But they are now!
Dead and buried that is!!
Manor F1 have officially withdrawn from the 2017 F1 World Championship so that means there's not chance of them making a late appearance, sadly!
The new owners need to grab the team financing by the scruff of the neck and get this sorted as too many teams have fallen by the wayside without being given a fair chunk of the budget. I am very keen to see a full twelve teams competing but it has to give a new team coming in a bit of what the others get as they can only improve with that funding, I sure if you take transportation costs away from some of the others they too would struggle.
Maybe there should be targets to achieve to reach certain budget rewards maybe Ross Brawn would like to set them?
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 03:01:37 AM »
Dennis was probably their last hope and with the latest
news about his new job I figured they were doomed.
Wonder where the next new victim team will come from
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 03:46:06 PM »

F1's popularity seems to be rising in Mexico and The Netherlands.  Plenty of big companies and rich people to be found there. 

Mexico even has one of the largest automotive industries in the world.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 07:04:10 PM »
F1's popularity seems to be rising in Mexico and The Netherlands.

Bring back Zanvoort!  :yahoo:

The trap was when that group of new teams were promised reasonably priced engines. That was right before F1 went to the very high priced hybrid systems.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 08:11:09 PM »

But from what I read neither showed any interest in Manor while Dennis appeared
to for what ever reason

F1's popularity seems to be rising in Mexico and The Netherlands.  Plenty of big companies and rich people to be found there. 

Mexico even has one of the largest automotive industries in the world.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle