collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 372
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ron Dennis Sells Off Remaining McLaren Holdings  (Read 2534 times)

Offline cosworth151

Ron Dennis Sells Off Remaining McLaren Holdings
« on: July 01, 2017, 04:56:27 PM »
Ron Dennis has reach an agreement to divest himself of his remaining holdings in McLaren.

"I am very pleased to have reached agreement with my fellow McLaren shareholders," Dennis said. "It represents a fitting end to my time at McLaren and will enable me to focus on my other interests. I have always said that my 37 years at Woking should be considered as a chapter in the McLaren book, and I wish McLaren every success as it takes the story forward.

"Perhaps my greatest satisfaction is the Formula 1 team’s outstanding racing safety record, which is a tribute to the dedication and efforts of hundreds if not thousands of talented and conscientious employees whom I have had the privilege of leading."

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/ron-dennis-exit-mclaren-after-37-years

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

Re: Ron Dennis Sells Off Remaining McLaren Holdings
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 05:35:52 PM »
Good for Ron.  I think he got the shaft at the end for things beyond his control.  Glad he's cashing out and hope to hear about him doing something else interesting.  As for Mclaren, for me it is now faceless.  I have no idea who really pulls the strings, and that's a shame.  Ron didn't just build the race team to what it was today, he also built the supercar division into a widely respected manufacturer out of nothing.  He has a lot to be proud of.  :good: :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 03:00:02 AM »
Like him or hate hi, Ron was Mclaren. Hope he get's back
in F1 but at his age I doubt it. Hmmm Ron and Flav as
co-owners? nah
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 10:10:25 AM »
Having visited McLaren before they moved to the ivory tower they said he was a hard task master and demanded perfection one story told was that as he drove onto the industrial estate where the factory was at that time he saw a guy walking along with a pit crew shirt on. He stopped and asked him where he got it and was told he bought from a guy who works for McLaren Ron eventually bought it off him for £250 as he did not want crew shirts in the public domain. He called all the race team together and told them he had just bought the shirt for a second time and it will not happen again so from that day on all pit crew attire has to be handed back in. I'm obviously not sure if that is still the case.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle