collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 402
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Minecraft video game review? Is it good?  (Read 6705 times)

Offline Mollie

Minecraft video game review? Is it good?
« on: August 29, 2017, 09:57:41 AM »
I know that i am a bit late but i was thinking of trying Minecraft. I just want to know...is it worth the time and effort?? On a scale of 1-10 how good would you review it. A friend recommended it to me but before i go ahead and give it a shot, i want to know if it's actually worth the hype...

Offline Robem64

Re: Minecraft video game review? Is it good?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 10:31:12 AM »
Mollie, I watched one of our grand-daughters play this and I don't confess to understand it at all. Her description that "you build things and then blow them up" didn't help me either although she is only 9.

Let me know how you get on!
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Mollie

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 01:13:29 PM »
Mollie, I watched one of our grand-daughters play this and I don't confess to understand it at all. Her description that "you build things and then blow them up" didn't help me either although she is only 9.

Let me know how you get on!
As of what i've heard...minecraft is a sandbox game. The concept of the game is building whatever you want, using whatever mechanisms you want, and you can play it however you want. I think what your grand-daughter meant is exactly what i was told!  :good:
I haven't tried it yet...but hopefully someone from here can give me a review as to whether the game is enjoyable...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 03:12:51 PM »
The game is a time sink.  If you've got a few hours a day you're looking to fill, then it's worth checking out.

If you're looking for something to do for 15 minutes on the bus, or waiting for dinner to cook, I don't think you'd get much out of it.

Offline Mollie

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 09:15:04 AM »
The game is a time sink.  If you've got a few hours a day you're looking to fill, then it's worth checking out.

If you're looking for something to do for 15 minutes on the bus, or waiting for dinner to cook, I don't think you'd get much out of it.

You reckon i could set it up by myself? My husband is out of town for the next month and i am in dire need of trying this. I feel like i am up for a challenge  :yahoo:

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 01:26:31 PM »
Not much challenge because there isn't any goal beyond acquiring new tools. 

If you want a fun driving game and have a tablet, search for Real Racing 3.  Free download, but watch out for the in app purchases, they are expensive.  Graphics and gameplay (driving) are fantastic.  You can easily kill a month with this game and get to know a lot of the F1 tracks intimately at the same time.

There are cheats to avoid any in app purchases, but you have to do some research to find them.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:31:59 PM by Scott »
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 02:16:49 PM »
Never too late Mollie, I'm an old git but I still enjoy some time on Gran Turismo 5 or 6.  ::)
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Mollie

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 01:57:00 PM »
Never too late Mollie, I'm an old git but I still enjoy some time on Gran Turismo 5 or 6.  ::)
Gave myself a challenge and managed to do it by myself over the weekend! :yahoo: I used this guide https://www.1and1.co.uk/digitalguide/server/know-how/setting-up-a-minecraft-server-with-a-dedicated-server/ instead of hiring someone to set it up for me. I was actually suprised at how easy it was to get the Minecraft done. I was done in less than hour!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle