collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 381
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Monza:summers end  (Read 10549 times)

Online Jericoke

Re: Monza:summers end
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2017, 04:10:36 AM »
Heroes

Dieter Zetsche - how often have we seen him show up in the pits and Mercedes puts in a dreadful performance?  For once he got to see his people put together a flawless weekend.

Podium Interview as a whole.  Lewis did a great job of playing a wrestling style 'heel', appreciating the crowd's boos as a sign of respect and having a little fun with that.  Vettel giving the interview in Italian.

Zeroes

Engine rules as a whole are turning the sport into a bit of a joke.  How many "DNF"s are really just saving engine components to avoid future penalties?  The FIA took a solid step in removing the ridiculous token system... so they're not totally deaf on the issue.

Online cosworth151

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2017, 01:59:25 PM »
Heroes:

Williams: They did well all week end, ending with both cars in the points. Also, NBC reported that Williams asked Jacques Villeneuve to stay away from their hospitality area. They've had enough of his sniping at Lance. Good on them for standing by their driver. It's a big step to tell your last Championship winner to take a hike.

Zeroes:

FIA/FOM: The entire quali-grid penalty this week end was a fiasco. I can't blame Charlie for starting quali when he did. The heavy rain arrived just as the cars rolled out. They should have stopped it sooner. Every driver out there was reporting unsafe conditions.

Then the penalties muddied things up even worse. I couldn't find a list of the grid on line until Sunday morning. The teams were even setting up at the wrong grid spots when the cars rolled out for grid. It's totally ridiculous.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Dare

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2017, 03:49:04 PM »
One of my favorite  racing has become just another
procession with a pass ever so often

Hero's

Hamilton: from the starting line the only thing that
               could beat him was adnf

Max:I stand alone making Max a hero..He didn't cause
        the usual sc was all expected

Stroll: again proving many wrong that says he doesn't deserve
         to be in F1 and for holding off the experienced Massa

Vettle: ran a steady race and finished the best he could have.
           can he make a run at Mercedes the rest the year?

Zero's

Max: for being a spoiled little punk with a foul mouth. Like to
         see him in NASCAR one year with that attitude...well the
         old NASCAR would be better with the old time good ol boys

aero: again proving how they can turn a race with some of the closest
        finishes in the past into a procession.

Jacques: Williams did the right thing asking him to stay away from their
             hospitality tents,now I hope the rest wiill follow suit

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2017, 05:58:41 PM »
I would be ok with JV not being allowed in the paddock.  Might smarten him up or maybe he'll just leave the sport completely and go skiing somewhere.  He's just an annoyance generally.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Robem64

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 07:55:46 AM »
The one positive is that as a UK viewer, I don't have to suffer the JV ramblings!
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Monty

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2017, 02:34:54 PM »
I'm a bit late on this and agree with most comments here.
Max continues to prove me right about his reckless and arrogant driving. Any driver can look good when they throw the car into a corner passing 2,3 or more cars and are lucky enough to have everyone avoid getting hit by them. However, when luck runs out, that same driver is just seen to be the reckless idiot that they are.
He is fast but I do not think he is as good as a lot of people make him out to be. Ricciardo showed how a good driver goes forward. Some amazing overtakes and all (with the possible exception of the pass on Kimi) safe and controlled.
I also felt both Williams drivers did well.
I am at a total loss to understand what Alonso's problem with Palmer was. I also do not agree with the penalty imposed on Jolyon. Alonso definitely and deliberately run Palmer off the track (Palmer was clearly going to make a successful pass). However, Palmer rejoined the track slightly behind Alonso and then completed the pass. I thought that is what the rules required?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:05:18 AM by monty »

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2017, 03:44:25 PM »
Lonny

Offline Irisado

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »
There was nothing remarkable about that race.  Given how mixed up the grid was, I found it an incredibly tedious race and little of any interest happened.  It was a tour de force by Hamilton, an excellent performance by Mercedes all round in fact, while everyone else finished more or less where I expected.  Max Verstappen has become extremely over confident and his arrogance is becoming insufferable.  I agree with the concerns that are being expressed about his attitude and his driving.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline jimclark

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2019, 03:52:09 PM »
Sorry JC but I stand by my signature, it might be a smoooooth one but it's still hitting the ground.  :P

'Been a while, but Dare PM'd me and I reviewed my previous posts.

I take it you've not piloted an aircraft. My father taught me to fly at 7 or 8 ('couldn't solo 'til 16) and I guarantee you you are mistaken.
Flying onto the ground (aka a controlled landing) is a far cry from crashing to earth (aka an uncontrolled landing). ;)

(P.S. - Lower case jc rather than caps please. I respect Jim's name.  :))
"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..."

jimclark

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle