F1 News & Discussions > F1 Experiences

I'll be in Austin - anyone on here going?

(1/2) > >>

Robem64:
Off to Austin for the USA GP weekend - anyone else on here going? Possibility of a meet up?

I went to this race in 2015 - when it was badly affected by the tail end of Hurricane Patricia. It was still a fantastic weekend but I'm hoping for slightly better weather conditions this year, particularly as I watched it on TV last year and saw nothing but clear blue skies and sunshine!

I've chosen a different stand this time - Turn 12 which is at the end of the long straight and overlooks the stadium section.

Ian:
Nice one Rob, enjoy.

Andy B:
Enjoy Rob.

Robem64:
Made it to the track for FP2 - sleep to catch up on first from travel.

Weatherwise the session got much hotter as it went on. Have to say that Hamilton looks in dominating and relaxed form. Vettel and Ferrari flapping. LH could very well seal up the WDC this weekend. quali will be interesting for sure.

I love visiting this track as it’s a great spectacle and got real good seats at Turn 12. In fact from there we can see Turns 1,5,12,13,14,15 & 16 so good value I reckon.

A real minus for me yesterday though was the driver autograph sessions and interviews. Last time I came (2 years ago) they gave out wristbands to get autographs. A good idea and controllable. This year, the drivers wandered around a fenced off area in the amphitheater. Not a good idea...the only people who get autographs are those at the front who stay there for all the sessions. Newsflash to organisers....that’s why there was a lot of pushing forward!!!!

Even worse, they’re holding the driver interviews in an amphitheater location with a large stage. So where do they actually perform the interviews?....down in the fenced off area in front of the stage whilst they’re doing autographs. Nobody else can see them other than those on front row. They have a huge screen on stage but didn’t even broadcast them on there. What a stupid idea.

What numpty thought that one out!

Anyway, off to track later for FP3 and quali. Crazy timing though...FP3 at 11am and quali at 4pm. Hell of a gap. I think it’s to fit better with the after race concert!

Will report when I get back from track.

Rob

Andy B:
Good report Rob do you have a numbered seat this time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version