collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 363
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Brawn to go after grid penalties  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Scott

Brawn to go after grid penalties
« on: November 19, 2017, 02:05:16 PM »
I'm a bit dismayed to hear him say it is not something they can change much before 2021.  Of course they can.  At the very least, they can tweak them. 

Teams aren't saving any money when their gearboxes blow up every race.  They will keep building and installing new gearboxes, so putting them at the back of the grid every race or two is just stupid.  Another option might be simply deducting WCC points for going over the limit on equipment.  After all, it is more effective to go after the team for installing equipment that breaks rather than penalizing the driver and confusing the fans.  That way it directly affects their income from TV money, while to the rest of us it is just a boring statistic.

https://www.pitpass.com/60726/Brawn-targets-grid-penalties

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

Re: Brawn to go after grid penalties
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 03:49:53 PM »
I'm no fan of the grid penalty system,either. That said, I have to admit one thing: It has made for some interesting racing this season.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 03:10:22 PM »
We have a driver's championship, we have a constructor's championship, why not add in an 'engine' championship?  It would reduce the cost of engines to teams if the suppliers were entitled to prize money.  It would certainly incentivize the engine manufacturers if they lost points for replacements without penalizing the teams themselves.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 02:59:55 PM »
I'm a bit dismayed to hear him say it is not something they can change much before 2021.  Of course they can. 

I'm afraid the rule that prevents the FIA or FOM from intervening on this is the same one that protects the teams from these same bodies from making sudden costly changes to the regs.

Anger should be directed at Brawn & the FIA for not pushing this earlier, l think there is a window of opportunity early in the previous season when changes can be pushed through but that date has passed. The only other way is by unanimous agreement from all teams.

Now even if Merc are in agreement are FIF1 with their very limited budget likely to hand a big advantage to other midfielders?

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 07:24:10 PM »
Call it safety, protecting F1  ;)  If they can ram through VSC, they should be able to ram through more realistic engine penalties.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle