collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 353
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: It Looks Like Williams Will Go With Sirotkin  (Read 6318 times)

Offline cosworth151

It Looks Like Williams Will Go With Sirotkin
« on: December 12, 2017, 03:52:35 PM »
Reports are that Williams will tap Russian driver Sergey Sirotkin to replace Felipe Massa.

Williams has many reasons to pick the Russian over Robert Kubica. 20 million reasons to be exact. Sirotkin brings $20 million in SMP Racing money with him. The Torpedo (Kvyat) is said to be second choice.

Too bad. I'd love to see what Robert can do.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/robert-kubica-f1-comeback-strikes-out-williams-f1-option

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

Re: It Looks Like Williams Will Go With Sirotkin
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 05:52:52 PM »
I too would have loved to see Kubica in a Williams.

Hopefully if any teams are disappointed in their line up in early 2018, they'll see Kubica as an able and practised replacement.

Otherwise, I'd like to see Kubica try the Indy 500

Offline Calman

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 04:50:51 PM »
I think Williams HQ are already feeling the pressure in their driver line-up for 2018.   Of course, we know that both Stroll and Serotkin are "money market" investments, but early signs would suggest that Kubica has better pace than both race seat drivers. 

On top of that, could Williams fall into mid field OR WORSE!! in the season ahead?

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Online Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 01:21:48 PM »
I think Williams HQ are already feeling the pressure in their driver line-up for 2018.   Of course, we know that both Stroll and Serotkin are "money market" investments, but early signs would suggest that Kubica has better pace than both race seat drivers. 

On top of that, could Williams fall into mid field OR WORSE!! in the season ahead?

All the best,

I suppose the question is would Kubica get Williams more points? If Kubica can get solid 11th place finishes, then it's not really a big deal if Stroll and Sirotkin are cruising around in 13th.  Why get a top driver if you don't have a top car?

guest3164

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 01:53:41 PM »
I wonder if world events could force Williams to change drivers in the not too distant future.  It could be complicated for the team to accept Russian money in order to allow Sirotkin to race. 

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 05:25:17 PM »
Depending on how world events go, I could see that becoming a problem by the last third of the year...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Calman

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 07:22:33 PM »
.. maybe if things get too complicated, they will entertain bringing Massa back for a 3rd time? :-D .... I'm kidding, honestly!!!

All the best,

guest3164

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 07:59:35 PM »
Surely not even Massa can retire 3 times from Williams?!?!

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2018, 06:40:11 AM »
Surely not even Massa can retire 3 times from Williams?!?!

Unlikely for 2018, since he'd have to give the FIA 3 months notice of leaving his position in the karting administration heirarchy. Which would be a lot of flaff for what would necessarily be a part-season.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

guest3164

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 02:12:29 PM »
Unlikely for 2018, since he'd have to give the FIA 3 months notice of leaving his position in the karting administration heirarchy. Which would be a lot of flaff for what would necessarily be a part-season.

To quote 'Dumb and Dumber'...  So you're telling me there's a chance?

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 10:40:55 PM »

To quote 'Dumb and Dumber'...  So you're telling me there's a chance?

Put it this way: there's almost as much chance of Williams hiring me as there is of Felipe - and I've never had so much as a provisional road driving licence for good reason...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

guest3164

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 07:52:52 AM »

Put it this way: there's almost as much chance of Williams hiring me as there is of Felipe - and I've never had so much as a provisional road driving licence for good reason...

Given my feelings towards Massa... You're hired!

Offline Calman

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 09:42:38 AM »
You can't help wondering what with McLaren's pain (relationship with Honda?) in the last while ... are Williams stepping into the "heat zone" this season??

Okay, since Bottas joined Williams alongside Massa, it's been steady decline, but the early signs this season look very alarming for the team.  I wonder if Williams are already in panic mode after the first outing of the season?

I expect Sergey to improve with more experience in the car, Stroll, not as convinced ... but only time will tell to what level the drivers can deliver and more importantly, how much the Williams car can improve in the months ahead!

All the best,

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 07:27:30 PM »

Given my feelings towards Massa... You're hired!

To put it another way: there's more chance of them hiring you than Felipe. (Though if it turns out you've ever had a racing licence, the joke is probably going to fall flat :D )
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

guest3164

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 08:02:56 PM »

To put it another way: there's more chance of them hiring you than Felipe. (Though if it turns out you've ever had a racing licence, the joke is probably going to fall flat :D )

Well, driving and me are not natural bed fellows, I can do it but I choose the bus every time.  I guess not having a car right now probably makes that choice easier, but the point's the same! 

Maybe if we get enough money together, Williams might give one of us a test?  And it pains me to even make that joke  :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle