collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 365
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 'grid girls' under 'strong review'  (Read 10617 times)

Offline Jericoke

Re: F1 'grid girls' under 'strong review'
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2018, 07:53:19 PM »
The solution has been found: Grid Kids!!

https://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2018/02/05/f1-announces-new-grid-kids-scheme-replace-grid-girls/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+f1fanatic+%28F1+Fanatic+-+The+Formula+1+Blog%29

The National Hockey League has been doing this for years.  Engaging at the 'grass roots' level seems like a great way to grow the sport. (Of course, some NHL teams still employ cheerleaders and scantily clad women who clean the ice during stoppages)

Offline Scott

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2018, 09:39:23 PM »
Not fair!  I still say Grid Geezers would be the most political correct way to go.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2018, 10:05:05 PM »
I suppose the next thing will be nursery rhymes over the tannoy.  >:D
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2018, 01:44:50 AM »
I suppose the next thing will be nursery rhymes over the tannoy.  >:D

Your not far off
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Monty

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2018, 08:45:52 AM »
http://www.planetf1.com/news/stewart-excuse-for-banning-grid-girls-is-baloney/

So Sir Jackie has seen my comments and feels he needs to support my view (or something like that). The decision doesn't really matter but the stated reasons for the decision just do not add up.
I rarely agree with what Sir Jackie says (he is normally deliberately contentious) but what he says about females making it to the top of Motor Sport is correct. It certainly isn't due to lack of ability. Britanny Force just won the Top Fuel Dragster Championship (and I think her sister Courtney was third in the Funny Car Championship?) which shows females do not lack guts or skill. The problem is that not enough of them start at grass roots level. Even those that do start often do not stick with it. Both my son and daughter were karting with Lewis Hamilton. There is two years between my kids but they had equal talent and both beat Hamilton in Cadets and TKM100 -not often but you have to push the positives :) But at around 14years old my daughter found horses (and boys) more interesting and drifted away from motor racing. I saw this happen a lot with the few females I saw in the various forms of motor sport that I was involved with.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle