Everything Else > Off Topic

Maybe Halos Aren't So Bad

<< < (2/3) > >>

Warmwater:
How about this instead?

Alianora La Canta:
I thought it was going to be a safety impediment right until Belgium. For some mysterious reason, I was fine with it after that...

Scott:
I'm all good with it.  Saved Leclerc and possibly Hulk.  Earned its spot.

Calman:
I'm trying to remember which incident had Martin Brundle argue that the tyre marks were only close to the cockpit, as contact with the Halo allowed them to be, otherwise, there would have been no contact on that part of the car??

Anyway, as you say, it's fair to say that the Halo has shown conclusive reasons to stay on the car, with the only question mark hanging over how quickly a driver may have to exit the car in a serious situation.

I think throughout the 2018 season, I "slowly" began to overlook the Halo as an ugly "add-on" to the car.  I'm hopeful that teams will improve it's connection to the car in 2019 with smoother/blended designs.

Best Regards,
Cal :)

John S:
I still hate the bloody Halo and don't really accept that it's saved anyone. It's all conjecture as there are probably never two shunts the same and myriad differences to each one.

I also hate that TV picture angle from on board the Merc cars, in the latter part of the season, always has the Halo more obtrusive than on most other cars, what's that all about.  :DntKnw:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version