collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 312
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Grosjean has his future planned out  (Read 4002 times)

Offline Robem64

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Grosjean has his future planned out
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 08:42:52 PM »
I could imagine that in theory, given that Kimi Raikkonen's nearly done that already (he only needs another 2 years including this one, and I can envisage it being 2 years before Leclerc's ready to replace him). In practise, I suspect Romain will be tempted elsewhere before that happens.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Calman

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 01:12:29 AM »
So, are these plans before or after he has a scuffle with K-Mag?

There is clearly tension mounting at Haas (from a driver's perspective) ... as Romain appears like the kid at the front of the classroom in interviews, but still loses his cool with team orders on the track.

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 12:07:10 PM »
Romain said he planned to be in F1 until he was 40. He didn't say at which team ;)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 09:37:03 AM »
I think it was always regarded as a strategic move when "Wrecker Romain" joined the Ferrari partnered Haas team.
Playing the long game to get to top teams is the only avenue open to 2nd (or in my opinion here 3rd) rate drivers.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 06:10:46 PM »
Last two races I can see a future outside of F1. The crashe are
bad enough without the blaming cars that aren't near you and I
think he said dirty air today.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 07:55:16 PM »
Did he really say dirty air?  He flinched because the car in front had a moment and instead of just drifting out safely on the off-track concrete and then rejoining, he tromped the gas - something to do when there aren't 15 cars around you, but not on turn 2 when you are mid-pack.  Completely driver error IMO.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 08:19:04 PM »
Did he really say dirty air?  He flinched because the car in front had a moment and instead of just drifting out safely on the off-track concrete and then rejoining, he tromped the gas - something to do when there aren't 15 cars around you, but not on turn 2 when you are mid-pack.  Completely driver error IMO.

I don't know for sure he said it but that's what I read
in some comments.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 02:22:15 PM »
At least he didn't try to say that he was hit by a car that was several seconds behind him.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Robem64

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 04:37:40 PM »
He's still trying to put a spin on it (no pun intended by the way :tease:)

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/895961/1/grosjean-not-much-i-could-do-avoid-lap-1-crash
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 04:50:01 PM »

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/895961/1/grosjean-not-much-i-could-do-avoid-lap-1-crash

Grosjean is chalking it up to human error.  He had a split second to make a decision and he chose poorly.  I get that, I doubt I'd do better in that situation.

All the same, F1 drivers are there because they're the few people capable of making those split second decisions where lives are literally in danger.  If his reflex is to put up a smokescreen, he doesn't belong in F1 period.

Yes, he was going to be in danger no matter what he did, but a stopped car is easy to see; a cloud of burning rubber is impossible to see through.

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 07:22:26 PM »

Grosjean is chalking it up to human error.  He had a split second to make a decision and he chose poorly.  I get that, I doubt I'd do better in that situation.

All the same, F1 drivers are there because they're the few people capable of making those split second decisions where lives are literally in danger.  If his reflex is to put up a smokescreen, he doesn't belong in F1 period.

Yes, he was going to be in danger no matter what he did, but a stopped car is easy to see; a cloud of burning rubber is impossible to see through.

More than a few have been there not because of their ability for split second decisions but split second cash. Many need to learn you need to get at least to
the second lap to have a good finish. Haas will surely get tired of repairing Rom.'s
car every race. On the other hand drivers like that might help Cos get that 15 dnf's

Offline Calman

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 05:38:48 AM »
Surely the way things are going, contact between Mad Max and Romain Gas Pedal is only a matter of time? ... the question is, who will we blame when an incident comes along??

All the best,
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

guest3164

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 08:55:51 PM »
Surely the way things are going, contact between Mad Max and Romain Gas Pedal is only a matter of time? ... the question is, who will we blame when an incident comes along??

All the best,

Ericsson, clearly. 

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 10:39:12 PM »

All the best8,

Ericsson, clearly.

:DD  :DD  :DD
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle