collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 360
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: China meanwhile...counting themselves very much in.  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Robem64

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline cosworth151

Re: China meanwhile...counting themselves very much in.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 06:22:03 PM »
The laugh out loud moment of the Shanghai weekend had to be the pre-race interview with Chase Carey on the Sky TV feed. As he was bragging about how full the stand were, I could see one of those giant advert panels behind him. You know, the ones they put up to cover the giant blocks of empty grandstands.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 08:20:15 PM »
The laugh out loud moment of the Shanghai weekend had to be the pre-race interview with Chase Carey on the Sky TV feed. As he was bragging about how full the stand were, I could see one of those giant advert panels behind him. You know, the ones they put up to cover the giant blocks of empty grandstands.

It is a shame they can't fill all the seats they built, but hopefully the race is still drawing enough fans.

Offline Calman

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 09:18:49 PM »

Was that before or after he "attempted" to patronise Martin on the discussion of future race venues? ... at the end of the day, he is a businessman, knows how to smile, knows how to make money, but has no sentimentality towards F1 whatsoever.  Give him a few years at the controls and he will likely churn out as much BS as Bernie, just using more of a corporate silver tongued flavour.

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle