collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 332
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Kubica Deliberately Sabotaging Williams!!  (Read 14046 times)

Offline Calman

Kubica Deliberately Sabotaging Williams!!
« on: March 31, 2018, 09:40:35 PM »
Hi folks!

I have heard some garbage from Villeneuve over the years, but this latest opinion is well up the list!!
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/robert-kubica-deliberately-sabotaging-williams-f1-team

I think it is Jacques who needs the paper bag over his head!!!!

All the best,
Cal :)

Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Kubica Deliberately Sabotaging Williams!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 10:08:53 PM »
What is it with Williams and picking up sabotage accusations? Surely they'd be the last team in the paddock to consider such an ignoble act? (Pastor Maldonado accused them of the same thing near the end of 2013, and last I checked Robert wasn't at Williams back then...)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

guest3164

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 10:29:34 PM »
I'm pretty certain I saw Kubica running from the Williams garage with a box of matches at Barcelona in 2012 too.  He's always had it in for the team.   :tease:

Online Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 05:06:34 PM »
I will unabashedly support JV.  Once again, we have F1 writers creating a mountain out of a molehill.

Villeneuve accuses Kubica of developing the car to suit his driving style.  Well gee, what else is he supposed to do?  I wouldn't expect a 'mere' development driver to have the skills to replicate the driving styles of a 'better' F1 driver.  If Kubica could drive just like Stroll or Sirotkin then he'd be the #1 driver.

Now, of course JV throws in that Kubica is doing it on purpose, because he would.  Not an ideal sentiment, but a common one amongst F1 drivers.  I'd love to see drivers elevate against that.  Alas, drivers with the skill and humility are few and far between.  (Just as rare as arrogant Canadians!)

Offline Calman

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 06:37:06 PM »
I will unabashedly support JV.  Once again, we have F1 writers creating a mountain out of a molehill.

Fair comment to a point, but I have observed several of JV's live interviews over the years ... where he often lets a pile of nonsense fall out of his mouth.

I guess all those rare arrogant Canadians have congregated in my city, lucky me!!!  :DD

All the best,

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 08:29:29 PM »
As another unbiased Canadian, I declare that I like JV less than any other WDC in F1 that I know of. 

Loved him in Indy, but only when his mouth was closed.

8) 8)  Sorry Jeri
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online Dare

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 10:25:06 PM »
As another unbiased Canadian, I declare that I like JV less than any other WDC in F1 that I know of. 

Loved him in Indy, but only when his mouth was closed.

8) 8)  Sorry Jeri

As a unbiased Yank I liked JV in Indy too,especially when he
won the 500 as a rookie{I think}. I remember him then as a
nice kid....what happened
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Calman

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 01:28:24 AM »
.. on the theme of JV!

Lance returns the compliment:
https://www.racefans.net/2018/04/06/racefans-round-up-06-04/

Nothing like shooting down your own countryman eh?

All the best,

Online Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 03:15:22 PM »
.. on the theme of JV!

Lance returns the compliment:
https://www.racefans.net/2018/04/06/racefans-round-up-06-04/

Nothing like shooting down your own countryman eh?

All the best,

The greatest loss in Canadian MotorSports history (with all due respect to would have been WDC Gilles Villeneuve) was Greg Moore.  He was the exact best guy to represent Canada at the F1 level (and I have no doubt he would have).  He had the skill to be there and humility to draw other Canadians into competitive racing. 

Jacques certainly belonged in F1 on skill alone.  His name helped for sure, so it's not a path other Canadians can take.  Stroll is definitely worthy of F1, but it's hard to say he's there on skill alone.  Canadian kids can't really look to Stroll and say they can be just like him to get into F1.

I hope that Stroll finds success and does inspire more Canadians. 

I wish that Villeneuve would be more 'Canadian' in the way he speaks out, but he's hardly going to change now.

Online Dare

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 03:25:16 PM »
Stroll's billionaire dad couldn't have any reason with
him being in F1 could it :DntKnw:
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Online Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 07:58:37 PM »
Stroll's billionaire dad couldn't have any reason with
him being in F1 could it :DntKnw:

Most of the "pay drivers" in F1 are good enough these days. They may not be in the top 20 drivers, but top 40 drivers for sure, and there's probably very little difference from 10 downto 50.

Of course, 'coming up' would be where having a billionaire dad helps.  Having the best Kart with freshly tuned engines and sticker tires every race would have given Stroll plenty of opportunity that others don't have.  Those opportunities turn into experience, which turns into skill.  I can't blame Stroll for taking advantage of what he had, I know I would.  Even with every advantage, he still had to put in the time and effort.  It just doesn't make him aspirational.

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 09:00:49 AM »
I don’t hold anyone’s heritage against them.  Which family/country you are born into is nothing but luck.  It’s how you behave that defines you as a person.  JV behaves like a spoiled brat, while Lance doesn’t.  JV didn’t come from “nowhere” either, so he wasn’t very aspirational, but his Dad did and was.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

guest3164

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 10:34:55 AM »
Lance Stroll does seem to have matured, he is far from a spoilt brat.  At first I thought he might be, but to be fair to him, he does not come across badly in a sport of huge egos.  I want him to do well, I would really love it as a fan of Williams if he can show some stunning pace. 

Villeneuve I think just has to spout rubbish as it is all that will prevent him becoming irrelevant now.  A pity though, I ought to hold him in a much higher regard as the last Williams world champion.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2018, 06:18:24 PM »
I agree with Jeri about Greg Moore. I believe that F1 would have been in his future, too. He was a great loss to racing.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

guest3164

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2018, 08:18:52 PM »
I actually now think Paddy Lowe is sabotaging Williams  :tease:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle