collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 355
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Kubica Deliberately Sabotaging Williams!!  (Read 14071 times)

Offline Dare

Re: Kubica Deliberately Sabotaging Williams!!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 10:34:02 PM »
I don't think Williams needs any help sabotaging their cars. Bet
Kubica gets a race soon
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Calman

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 01:38:43 AM »
Dark days for Williams!!

Clearly there will be mixed opinion on whether Sergey proves a good signing at Williams this season and Lance's comments on how he performed, compared with Felipe last season, well, they could be thrown out of the window, should Sergey start to get the upper hand on Saturday qualifying!! (so the comparison towards Lance's "more experienced teammate" will become a less justified excuse).

As we can now see, the obvious problem is "the car" ... and seeing Williams at the very back of the grid, without any on track drama or obvious mechanical issues, well, this is starting to look worse than McLaren's woes a season or two ago!!

So basically, the Williams is underperforming on slow corners, fast corners .. and straights (didn't we hear a similar observation towards another team in the recent past??).

All the best,
Cal :)

Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 05:58:13 PM »
The car is so bad that any judgement on the drivers' capabilities is moot - I think both drivers are capable of more than the car is able to show right now.

I'll stop there because I'm not sure "my" team's car is all that much better at the moment...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

guest3164

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 08:27:13 PM »
The car is so bad that any judgement on the drivers' capabilities is moot - I think both drivers are capable of more than the car is able to show right now.

I'll stop there because I'm not sure "my" team's car is all that much better at the moment...

Well, the main thing for you is that it 'is' better, even if not at the level of last year's car.  The decline of 'my' team is astonishing in the rapidity of it.  I hope that something can be done to sort out the issues but at the moment the car looks destined to remain rooted to the final places for the foreseeable future.  I wish the car gave both drivers a better chance to show their abilities as I feel both are capable of driving fast. 

Offline Dare

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 09:40:09 PM »
Wonder how much longer William's will remain in F1 with
these kind of results? It has to be embarrassing as hell for
a team that used to be among the best
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Calman

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 01:37:24 AM »

It's far from ideal isn't it Dare!

To think, McLaren were the laughing stock 24-48 months ago.  Williams may have to endure similar pain, just to reach mid pack on a regular basis!!

You can help but wonder (if you watched Sky coverage) ... another little segment of Kubica slotted into the build up to the race.  We all see how bad the car is, but Robert's promotion seems to be strengthening and you would have to believe that if either Stroll/Sirotkin's results get any worse (can they??) ... well, let's see how things end up by "summer break".

Right now, Williams may as well put Ant & Dec "talent" in the car, as the car is where 99% of the issues are.

All the best,

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 03:50:22 AM »

Like Ferrari and McLaren, Williams' F1 team is part of a larger organization, and that larger organization makes plenty of money, because of the name brand recognition of their F1 team.  That's why Mercedes and Red Bull can spend so much money, it's not about winning, it's about advertising.

Williams can't outspend Mercedes and Red Bull, but they don't have to.

Offline Dare

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2018, 04:55:30 AM »

It's far from ideal isn't it Dare!

To think, McLaren were the laughing stock 24-48 months ago.  Williams may have to endure similar pain, just to reach mid pack on a regular basis!!

You can help but wonder (if you watched Sky coverage) ... another little segment of Kubica slotted into the build up to the race.  We all see how bad the car is, but Robert's promotion seems to be strengthening and you would have to believe that if either Stroll/Sirotkin's results get any worse (can they??) ... well, let's see how things end up by "summer break".

Right now, Williams may as well put Ant & Dec "talent" in the car, as the car is where 99% of the issues are.

All the best,

After seeing how much of a dog this car is do you think Kubica
wants the drive? Reminds me of when Michael was wanting to return
to F1 and he saw how bad the Ferrari was. Fisichella left Force India
when they finally had a decent car to fulfill his dream of driving for Ferrari.

Offline Calman

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2018, 05:54:15 AM »
After seeing how much of a dog this car is do you think Kubica
wants the drive?

For a traditional situation up & down the grid, an average to good driver looking to hook up with an average to good team, well, your comment is 100% correct.    However, as we can all clearly see how poorly Williams developed their 2018 car and we know that Kubica would probably outshine both of the current Williams drivers, I am fairly sure Robert would relish the opportunity, simply to show he is still capable of running competitively with 19 other petrol heads (again, making allowances for the lack of pace from the equipment underneath him).

All the best,

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2018, 06:01:20 AM »
Perhaps some of the problem is having two drivers who are not well versed in the development of an F1 car?
Lonny

guest3164

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 09:08:55 AM »
By Kubica's own words, there is not a great deal more the drivers can do.  He believes that the solution is simple but 'requires balls' so I am guessing it is something to do with either going to a modified FW40 or taking parts off of the FW41.  I reckon he would jump at a race personally, any opportunity to show he can mix it still in race conditions and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Stroll's seat as by all accounts Lawrence Stroll is getting rather vocal about the situation so who knows what shenanigans will take place between now and the end of the season.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 10:53:26 PM »
Maybe Lance can get his Father to buy Force India for him to try out.  :D
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Calman

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2018, 10:56:20 PM »
Maybe Lance can get his Father to buy Force India for him to try out.  :D

OUCH!!! .. is that after the name change to Force Maple?  :D

All the best,

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 02:45:27 PM »
Or maybe FCA.

(Force Canada, Ay)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 03:08:28 PM »
Eh!  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle