collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 339
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2018 Grand Prix of Bahrain  (Read 11542 times)

Offline cosworth151

2018 Grand Prix of Bahrain
« on: April 04, 2018, 09:09:55 PM »
The Grand Prix of Bahrain has been with us since the 2004 season. The 5.412 km Sakir circuit hasn't really changed since the beginning. There will be 57 laps for a total distance of 308.238 km. Pedro de la Rosa set the lap record of 1:31.447 in 2005.

The race was cancelled in 2011 due to uprisings in the kingdom.

Schumi won the 1st race there. It was his only race in Sakir. Probably the best race there was the 2014 shoot-out between Mercedes team mates Lewis Hamilton & Nico Rosberg. Knowing how things work, you might have to go to YouTube to watch the video:

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

Re: 2018 Grand Prix of Bahrain
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 09:12:00 PM »
Sorry to go "slightly" off topic, but did I read something about a fire in recent news?

I may have to Google some more ... now that it's in my mind!

All the best,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 05:40:28 PM »
FP2 just ended. Kimi P1 with Vettel right behind. Then Hamilton, Bottas, Max & Danny Ric. The Mercs are about .5 sec behind the Ferraris and the Red Bulls are about .5 sec back of the Mercs.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 07:54:16 PM »
FP2 just ended. Kimi P1 with Vettel right behind. Then Hamilton, Bottas, Max & Danny Ric. The Mercs are about .5 sec behind the Ferraris and the Red Bulls are about .5 sec back of the Mercs.

Just curious if Spoiler Alerts are exercised here on GPW?

Or should I simply use common sense and avoid the forum during race weekends?

All the best,

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 08:01:10 PM »

Just curious if Spoiler Alerts are exercised here on GPW?

Or should I simply use common sense and avoid the forum during race weekends?

All the best,

If you're not watching the races/quali/practises live, and want to watch them later, then this is definitely a no go zone.  But honestly, if you can make the effort to watch the race while in live chat, I highly recommend it.  Turns a dull race into a grand time.

Offline Calman

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 08:58:44 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Jericoke!

Yes, I typically watch F1 races when it's convenient on my end (so it's never a 'live event' based on time zone constraints ... and to the point where when I am able to lock myself in 'man cave' for the duration of 3 hours, away from the trials and tribulations of life).

All the best,

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 09:19:00 AM »
Bahrain would be perfect to chat Cal...8am Sunday...can’t imagine a quieter time in a house.  We don’t generally start populating the chat more than 5 or 10 minutes before the race though, so it would look deserted if you show up for the pre-race show.  Give it a whirl if you have time...you might find you make time for it more often.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 05:59:45 PM »
Sorry, Cal. I'll be more careful in future. It's just the way we've always done it.

I second the invite to the Chat Room. It's always fun to watch a race with a (Chat) room full of F1 friends.

Speaking of which, I'll be absent again due to some ongoing Internet issues here. I'll be back just as soon as I can.
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 08:50:19 PM »
I think I get to see the first 40min or so and then I have an important date...22nd Anniversary.   8) 8) 8)

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 09:22:33 PM »
Well now that Q is over, that should make for an interesting race having MV race from 15th and Hammy from 9th. 

Max said he suddenly got 150hp on the turn exit and that caused his spin.  Two ways to take that. 

1.  Yes Max, that's what happens when you push the throttle to the floor while the back wheels are still on the white line

or

2.  The FIA should have a peek at why the RBR can suddenly and unexpectedly find 150hp. 

It was a pleasant surprise to find Ch4 broadcasting it live...I thought they didn't get any races this year.  Do they get any others, or did I misunderstand and Sky has exclusive rights starting 2019, not 2018?  I hope when Sky does take the whole show that they pull in the Ch4 team and ditch people like Herbert who mix up a McLaren with a Merc.  ;)

Why does Toto always sit in the garage?  I'm sure the mechanics would prefer the Toto and Niki show wasn't in their way during the race.  Even RBR who has the Christian and Marko show doesn't require them to sit together to watch the race (though it was telling that Max had already debriefed Marko during 3rd Q and at the end of Q he hadn't even spoken to Horner).  Why doesn't Toto sit on the pit wall like the other team bosses?

Poor Susie Wolff had a fashion barf that looked like she put her shirt on through one of the sleeves, and even then it was upside down.   :crazy: :crazy:

Sorry for the Mclarens...Eric was sweating from more than the heat I think since it is beginning to look like perhaps the problems weren't only the engine over the past couple of years. 

Wonderful to see Gasly up there, and I feel sorry that the Haas boys weren't able to put their cars in better position for the race.

The one chance I had to show that the fastest car should get the pole points and Lewis blows it for me.  Since I didn't hear that Lewis had a penalty until I started to watch Q, I didn't have a chance to change my pick.  Mind you, I probably would have given it to Kimi, so no big deal.   
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:26:01 PM by Scott »

guest3164

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 09:26:26 PM »
Scott, Channel 4 still get races this year, it is from next year that the Sky monopoly takes place. 

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 09:35:21 PM »
That's fantastic.  I thought it started this year already.   :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2018, 10:32:51 PM »
If things don't improve we might see Alonso at Indy in May.
Maybe Honda should have been badmouthing Mclaren
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Calman

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2018, 01:55:56 AM »
Sorry, Cal. I'll be more careful in future. It's just the way we've always done it.

Hey Cos! *wave smiley*

No issue whatsoever, I am just trying to feel out how things are exercised here on GPZ, so please don't think I was complaining in any way.  Spoilers are a HUGE deal on many of the sport forums I frequent, so I am just trying to understand how it sits with members within this community.   I may even be guilty of a "mild spoiler" once in a while myself, so it's important to know the approach, so I don't upset anyone with my actions in future!

Best Regards,

Offline Ian

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle